Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Two More Days...

I'm at work.

Manager sent the other two ladies home early since it's slow.

She left shortly after.

So now it's just me and JA holding down the fort in CS.

Today was slow. Wanna go home. Have a few errands to run.

Tomorrow I come in at 4pm. Need to remember that. More sleep. Yay for me.

I just put on some Hozier "Take Me To Church" to make me feel better. Next will most likely be some Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson "Uptown Funk".

I have laundry to do. I have wrapping to do... which will have to wait until after work tomorrow. The thing I ordered for my sister-in-law JUST shipped (so now I know "please allow a week to ship" means it will ship a week after I've ordered it). I also need to pack. *headdesk*

My mind is all over the place at the moment... which blows. I need to work on my focus.

I was supposed to change desks today. Originally my manager made it sound like the boss man was going to help with the move... and possibly that was all to happen last week. Nope. Then she said I had to move today, so I assumed boss man was around. Nope he wasn't, but she's under the impression that I know how to disconnect and reconnect all the cords and net cables from my Mac at my current desk to the new desk... that is still technically occupied by the new girl who is currently on holiday vacation for the next week or so. When I was first told of the move, I was told that they wouldn't move anything without me here. Since the new girl has stuff at the desk I'm supposed to move to, I mentioned this to my manager who then looked around her desk area and said she'd let her know. (O_o)

Needless to say the move didn't happen but she said the move had to happen by 1/5/15 or some nonsense like that, and I couldn't help but think "You don't expect ME to do this do you?"

Well, let's analyze the chat, shall we?

Manager: You no longer have to move today. The office manager just told me the new person has to start at a later date.
Me: Aw shucks. All that build up and nothing. LOL.
Manager: Hahahahaha
Me: So when shall I be moving then?
Manager: If you want to move now, you totally can! The last day to move will be 1/5.
Me: I have no idea how to disconnect, reconnect stuff... and I have a lock on the Mac.
Manager: Office Manager has the key, we should be ok.
Me: LOL. I still don't know how to move stuff, but we'll take care of that when the time happens.
Manager: I won't profess to be an expert, but I can't imagine it being very hard to remember which plug goes where. I'm sure we will be able to figure it out.
Me: I still ain't touching it. With the computer issues I've had, I'm not going to press my luck. LOL

Now does that sound to any of you that she expects me to move my happy little Flip butt over?

Ugh. I'm out.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment