Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sleepy Saturday...

Went to bed last night with earbuds in, phone on do not disturb, and just slept until I wanted to wake up.

It was nice.

It was also weird that it was Saturday. Haven't had a Saturday off in a long time that I didn't have to ask for.

Went to the meadery today. It was busy but nice. Hung out in the back for a bit with Jon S (mainly for air and the crowd -- was tired of sitting in the corner looking at everyone's butt that was standing around me.

After the meadery, Jon was craving some sweets -- of the ice cream variety or ice cream adjacent -- and I took him to Bitter + Sweet since I'd been there once before and thought the place was pretty cool. We met there, and he had a large ice cream with Secret Breakfast & Vietnamese Coffee. I've had Secret Breakfast before (cornflakes and bourbon - SO GOOD!). Tonight I had a small Guinness Gingerbread. Jon and I shared treats - I tried his Vietnamese Coffee and he tried my Guinness Gingerbread. Yummy on both counts.

He later got an affogatto with the Secret Breakfast. I didn't try any since he was having a lovely time with it all to himself, but he seemed rather happy.

Their ice cream is provided by Humphry Slocombe which when I originally found this coffee place and told people about the ice cream, they had nothing but awesome things to say about the brand/company. Checking out their website and their list of flavors - they have a Russian Imperial Stout flavor... HELLO!!! and Boccalone Prosciutto? I'm dying here!

After ice cream and a few rounds of Wordbrain, we left the coffee place and headed our separate ways - he to his home, and me to meet up with friends for karaoke. No, I did not sing, , but the trees were nice. I kinda wanna try and make one... if I ever get a place of my own.

I still want wagashi (mainly the oak and sakura leaf ones) and Jagertee (which I've heard so much about, but I can wait.

In the meantime, I'm going to sign off on the post and probably go play some Crossy Road. (Damn you Jon S!)

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment