Sunday, December 21, 2014

A Few More Things & I'm Done

Didn't get to bed last night until REALLY late... since I went to see The Hobbit last night and then felt snacky so I met Jon S for tacos. We sat outside the place on one of the concrete benches until well into 5am.

I meant to set my alarm.

I meant to get up earlier.

I meant to do things.

But I didn't... not really.

I think I'd been asleep for maybe three hours when something woke me up. I think it was the landlady's dogs. (Fun.) I passed back out and the next time I woke up, it was around 1pm, and I had a text from Jessie F to ask what I was up to. We had plans for dinner and drinks at her house to play catch up and whatnot since my December work schedule was frakked up leaving me unable to see anyone save the weekends. I texted her back to say I had some errands to run but then I'd be over.

This holiday season due to a whole mess of extenuating circumstances has left me scatterbrained and ready to just hide in bed and sleep the days away. I'm usually good about shopping and finding things for my family, but it just felt like there was no time. And when I did have some time, my brain just shut off or turned all fuzzy.

I'm a little fuzzy right now, in fact.

I'm looking forward to my schedule next month. My insomnia will still be in full swing, but at least I'll have day shifts again and be able to actually get things done during the week as opposed to jamming it all into two days in which I should at least being lazy.

I'm also fretting two items that I had ordered that haven't shipped yet that will be sent most likely AFTER Christmas... which is complete balls. I had really wanted my mom and my sis-in-law to have their gifts, but since the single items I got each of them might not get here before I head out, I'm going to have to give them to them later... which is still fine but it bothers me. My mom will be cool with hanging out with me and going to see Into The Woods (can't wait for that!) and maybe a little shopping, but I thought I got something really snazzy for my sis-in-law... at least I think it's really snazzy.

And then I need to get something else for my niece. Everything from her list has been taken care of according to my brother... and he's also saying that the one thing I got her is just fine, but I want to get her at least one more thing. Everyone got at least 2-3 things from me, and I only got one thing for my favorite person in the world. I just need one more thing. Just one more. And I think I have an idea what that will be, so I'm not going to stress on it anymore than I already have.

After some errands and the fuzzy fatigue setting in, I headed over to Jessie's where I kept her company while she did some baking... then we had rum and Cokes Diet Dr. Peppers while we noshed on chicken, fries and onion rings. (She also got me a cute little Michelangelo turtle key chain... he's so happy... I'm thinking of making him Nameless's guardian.) After food, we moved to the living room where we drank more (killed the rum) and shot the shit about life, etc. I had mentioned that I was going to go to the gym when I left, and she was against it since I had been drinking. Aside from the fact that I have a higher tolerance than some, she used the "dehydration" reasoning, and in the end I caved. My gym bag is in the car though, so I will definitely go tomorrow after work.

And other than that, it's been a good day. I need Downey and sleep and a couple more Christmas gifts and sleep and some gift wrapping stuff and sleep.

Did I mention I'm tired?

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment