Sunday, November 9, 2014

Letters to November ||| 9

Dear November,

Today was a lazy day. It was my first of two days off, and all I did was veg out in my room (with, of course, the occasional pee break when needed).

My nose was also going haywire but eventually simmered down to a dull sniffle. I got some store brand Zyrtec, and the 24 hour stuff used to help my face from running like a river, but now it seems to only want to work half the day. Also takes a little longer to kick in initially, too.

Damn allergies.

The housemates were driving me a little batty after a while and so in desperate need to get out of the house, I freshened up and armed with snacks and a drink in my purse, I used one of my movie passes to see JOHN WICK.

Now let me state for the record that I am used to getting carded still for alcohol. It usually depends on the group I'm with. I think the signs in establishments say if someone looks under 35 years old, they get carded. So with that, I get it when I get carded sometimes since I am in my thirties.

But tonight? The guy at the ticket booth carded me for the movie... which was rated "R". You know??? "Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian". After I showed my ID and took my ticket, I walked toward the door thinking Did he really just card me??? On the way to the theatre, I stopped off at the ladies room and looked at myself in mirror. I was wearing my hair back in a ponytail, my black Jack Skellington sweater, blue jeans, and my warm Skecher boots. The only makeup I was wearing was powder (because I hate shiny face) and YES to Coconut Cooling Lip Oil. Regardless of all that, I SO don't think I looked like I was 17 or younger.

Who am I? Benjamin Button?

Anyway, that's all for me at the moment. About to get friendnapped by Jaquas cuz he's got the munchies and company sounds like a good idea.

Hope your Sunday was lovely.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment