Sunday, November 23, 2014

Letters to November ||| 23

Dear November,

Today was a lovely day.

I woke up after a strange dream where Carrie Fletcher, and I were getting ready for something, and to make me feel better, she said, "Come here," and took a pair of scissors to the back of my hair and cut big chunk of my hair off. And I was completely devastated screaming WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! And after I'd calmed down, I kept saying "I am really sad."

Now I know this would never happen because: 1) We don't know each other in real life, and 2) Even if we did know each other, she would never do that to me because she is a fellow curly girl, and she also seems to be the kind of person that doesn't like making people sad.

Speaking of hair, I've been getting a lot of compliments lately about my curls. Since I dye my hair (Garnier Nutrisse R3 Light Intense Auburn), whenever I get a compliment like "I love your hair", I always feel compelled to say "If it's the color, that comes from a box. If it's the curl, thanks." I've had people come up to me before saying I have pretty hair, and after I say "thank you," they then tell me the color is amazing. That's when I feel weird since I don't like taking credit for something I didn't do or was responsible for (and the opposite is true that I will not take blame for something I didn't do, but I feel that goes without saying).

But back to my day.

I went to the meadery again today. They were open but there was a game going on at the new Levi Stadium down the street so traffic was weird. Small group. Just sat around and chatted with Maria and Jon and drank yummy goodness until they closed. Fellow regular Victor C came in as did three other guys who I don't remember seeing them in my other visits.

Last night was CS Bowling where I had one cocktail and a shot called a Blueberry Hooter. (I showed late due to being the one that closes on Saturdays.) Mixed with pizza, bowling and taking my adorably drunk co-worker home, it was a fun evening.

I just thought it was funny that I was going to drink today, too. *shrug*

After the meadery, I headed to the store for meat type stuff. The meat I got wasn't all that great. It was "supposed" to be teriyaki... but it wasn't. I'm pretty sure if I had my own kitchen, I would have been able to sauce it up a bit or something, but I ate most of it as is so yay me? I had some mushrooms in a balsamic glaze of sorts but didn't want brown rice so I put a layer of white mashed potatoes and then the mushrooms sans the juice (since the shrooms themselves were juicy enough). That was tasty. I have a small box of brussel sprouts with pancetta and pecans (if I remember that correctly). I'm saving those for later. There's also jalapeno hummus (also for later), but right now I'm staring at the niblets of cheese I bought. YUM!

There's also Cold-Pressed Organic Spicy Lemonade... which is pretty tasty.

I should write now. I'm trying not to stress since I only have about a week left of NaNoWriMo, and I don't think I'm going to make it. But I'm going to try. And I will. Yeah, that's what I mean. I'm going to do this!

Now where's my cheese!!!???

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment