Friday, November 7, 2014

Letters to November ||| 7

Dear November,

I SO did not want to get up this morning. Which is weird because I think I actually got some consecutive, good hours of sleep. But I woke up this morning and kept hitting snooze over and over again.

I need to master sleeping about 3-4 hours a night to the point where I'm well rested and ready to conquer the world when I wake up. I had a Women's Studies professor in college who was also a lawyer, and she admitted she only got maybe 3 hours sleep a night, and she was a beast! So yeah, if I could master that art form, I think I'd be okay.

Today was filled with work and lack of energy from lack of sleep and past due production. Due to my department being short-staffed, all of us have lots of production to get done. At one point I had nearly 20 tickets to solve when properly staffed up I think we each had about 10 or less. My manager usually assigns new tickets at the end of the day before she leaves (which is usually an hour or so after I leave) so when I have whittled it down to 9, I come back the next day to 18, Right now I think I have it down to 9-10 but she's added email notification to go out now that say "this is late, WTF?!" (of course I'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist.)

There are days where I don't think I'll ever finish everything assigned to me, but I'll keep at it. I will.

And on that note, back to the grindstone.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment