Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Letters to November ||| 26

Dear November,

Today is my last day before a pseudo-vacation of sorts.

One of my co-workers offered to take my Thanksgiving Day shift so that leaves me with Thursday and Friday completely off, but I still have to come in to work on Saturday night.

So today I'm leaving straight from work to head out and surprise everyone showing up a day early. I'm hoping there isn't a lot of traffic.

I'm excited to see my niece. Even though it's only been two months, it feels like I haven't seen her in ages. And every time I see her, she runs to me and gives me big hugs. It warms my heart when she does that. I'm sure there will come a time where she won't do that anymore... though I hope it never comes. My mother thinks that I'll be the cool Auntie that she wants to escape to when she wants to get away from her parents... but her parents are pretty cool, so I don't think that'll happen.

I think my niece and I will be cool since I'm an eternal child and can adapt to any age. *wink*

I'm also preparing myself for my mother's onslaught of iPhone questions - since her and her husband both got iPhones recently, the very same one I have. But she's at least texting now... which trust me, is a feat in itself.

Okay, almost done with lunch. Gotta go. Talk to you later.

Have Goodness!
Rae


*actually posted on 11/29/14 but written for 11/26/14

No comments:

Post a Comment