Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Letters to November ||| 4

Dear November,

So you're progressing nicely. Breezy days. Chilly nights. All part and parcel of being you. I just wish I had my own place so I could sit in a big comfy chair with a nice mug of tea and appreciate the peace and quiet of your season. But as it is, I enjoy you whenever I can. Sometimes just sitting in my car with the sun roof open and the windows cracked letting in the cool night air while I listen to whatever audiobook I have on hand.

Sadly I have none at the moment. I turned them all in to the library. Meant to go back this past Monday, but I was scheduled to work so that was a bust. But hopefully this coming Sunday or Monday - one of my lovely and regular days off - I shall find something at the library to suit my commuter listening needs. I also have a new library to check out which I'm kind of excite about.

Yay BOOKS!!!

Speaking of... tonight was bookstore book group night. It was supposed to be last week Tuesday, but the World Series was happening so it got pushed a week. October's book was "The Children Act" by Ian McEwan. I liked the book. I got the audiobook from the library. The reader was Lindsay Duncan (who was the lady dancing in the fountain from the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" based off the book by Frances Mayes - a fact that was pointed out at the group which I thought was wonderful since I like the movie and loved her in it).

It was a good group. Nice chatter.

Next month's (this month's) book is "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr. It sounds like a lovely book, but I think I have too much going on this month that I might just skip this book this time around. I feel so bad at this thought since I'm not giving up "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" by John Berendt for my Facebook friends book group. Maybe because I've seen the movie before and knew about this book choice a couple month's in advance as well as finding it a rather quick read.

I dunno. I just don't want to overwhelm myself. I already know that I'm going to flake out on NaNoWriMo when my birthday and Thanksgiving comes around.

Why does "NaNo" have to be in such a busy month? Sheesh.

I have even skipped my long-awaited return to the gym so I could go home and write. Trying to ignore how slothy and large I feel and concentrate on my writing. (Have you ever heard of the novelist diet? Where you write and write and write... and the pounds just drop off? Yeah... me neither.)

Okay. Enough babble blogging. Back to writing. See you tomorrow November. :)

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment