Saturday, November 15, 2014

Letters to November ||| 15

Dear November,

My birthday is coming up, and every year the closer it gets to the day, I always think "Maybe I should have planned something?"

My birthday is so close to Thanksgiving, that I've been used to - in my life - people always busy with holiday stuff to have time to do anything big, etc, so I never really plan anything.

One year I just wanted my friends to get together for dinner and a movie and maybe cocktails later. Presents were not required, but if you felt the need to buy me something, a cocktail was good enough for me. (There were a few people that couldn't make it so I was given cash to buy myself a beverage on their behalf.) Back then, my simple drink of choice was Malibu rum and pineapple juice. (Yum yum doodle dum.)

Also there used to be drama around my birthday - some strange event that would leave me a little bummed and moody - and I feel that if it's your birthday, there should be no drama. One complete day of utter happy happy joy joy.

The last few years I've had that. One year, I remember the retro theatre was playing a Terry Gilliam double feature of Time Bandits and The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen... actually on the day of my birthday. Kathy and Steve came with. Then after the movies, I went to Jim and Leah's for dinner, cake and shows. (Another year, was originally going to just hang out with my friend at her place and watch movies and drink cocktails, but then other friends wanted to come by. Jessie made me wonderful bloody glass shard cupcakes and brought fixings for a drink I like called "A Sweet Piece of Ass". Dawn came with her, too.)

I will admit it does warm my heart when people ask me what I'm doing for my birthday or when they ask, and I tell them what I'm doing, they ask if they can come along. It's just nice when people want to spend time with you, but extra special in some ways when it's your birthday.

Maybe one of these days I'll have some big party or whatever. Don't care if it's themed or whatever. I just like having loved ones around sharing in a good time.

Okay, I've babbled enough at you tonight. I'll leave you alone until tomorrow. Hope you have a lovely evening.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment