Sunday, January 18, 2015

So Many Books, So Little Time...

Day 18: What book could you read over and over again?

To answer this question, I can't just answer with ONE book since that's just not fair.

Yeah yeah yeah... I'm breaking the rules. So what? But wait... who said there was a rule to break? Aha!

Enough babbling. Let's get this show on the road, shall we?

My favorite book is "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, and that book brings me joy so yeah... I could read that one over and over. Plus the movie is a great companion piece. I imagine the characters from the film as the people in the movie in my mind when I read the book.

Another wonderful book I could lose myself in many times is "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. (I want to play Celia SO BAD in the movie, but we know how likely THAT is to happen. Still, I have a movie version in my head that has me as Celia... and that's all I'm going to say about that.)

Hmmm... I think a nice five books would be good for this post.

Another book that I like is "Chump Change" by David Eddie. It was a freebie I got from when I worked at Barnes and Noble. I really liked it. It was a quick read, very entertaining, and I could read that a few more times.

Any of the books in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. Odd is just a great character that the way Koontz writes him is just lovely. I think Saint Odd is the last book in the series... which saddens me since I don't want his story and adventures to end.

I had to read "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck for Freshman English Honors back in high school, and that story even though it's been done before over and over many times, I could read that a lot more than I have. It gets me every time.

Okay, I said five, but I'm going to end it at six, so there.

HONOR HARRINGTON!!! My friend Chris C lent me his copy of  "The Honor of the Queen" by David Weber (and he's got a rather good idea of what books I'll like), and damn... that book made me feel lots of things at times I just wanted to crawl into the book and beat the shit out of some people (I'm talking about you Pavel) and also made me want to cuddle some furry creatures (Nimitz and the other treecats). Admittedly I am behind on my reading of the rest of the series (I think I'm several books in), but there are no more Honor books, only books in the Honorverse. (I'll still read them... eventually.)

So yeah, that seems to be it... for now.

Oh wait... anything by Neil Gaiman... or Jim Butcher... or Stephen King (The Green Mile)...

Yes, I know that's nine. (Shut up.)

Okay, now I'm done. Dammit.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment