I can tell you right away that I would pay off my car and clear up all debt that I had first... and due to an ex, that's quite a lot.
I would also pay back/do something nice for the friends that have helped me out over the years. (They know who they are.)
With the rest of the money? I have a few ideas.
- Get a passport and take my family to the Philippines.
- Do some traveling.
- Buy my own place.
- Take a year off from working to work on my writing.
- Visit family more.
- Go to Disneyland.
- Fix up my brother's car. (He loves his car. I don't think he'd get a new one unless he had to.)
- Help get my sister-in-law her own car. (I know they've been looking.)
- Help my bro and his family get a nicer/bigger place.
- Fix up my mom's car. (She'll most likely want a new one, though.)
- Go to the dentist.
- Get a physical.
- Go the gym more (since I'll have free time on my hands)
- Buy a mountain bike.
- Buy a rig for my car for the mountain bike.
- Go to Disneyworld.
- See an allergist about my stupid sinuses.
- Cuddle some Husky puppies, Corgi puppies, and Beagle puppies... and maybe some Malamute puppies
- Go to Legoland.
Okay, I was trying to keep my list serious, but it's starting to stray into the realm of silly.
There are lots of things I would do with a large sum of money, but the first things I would do would be to take care of the responsible stuff like bills and debt -- the things I need to stay afloat and also to pay back those that have helped me stay afloat when I couldn't do that myself.
Everything else is just cake.
Later my lovelies.