Monday, January 19, 2015

Regret

Day 19: What is your biggest regret in life?

The only one that comes to mind at the moment would be moving to the East Coast.

Back in the day I was in a relationship with a man who - at the time - was pretty toxic for me... and looking back on it, probably toxic for himself, too. He seems to have moved past all that he was to become the man that he is, but through the course of what he and have been through, I don't think he and I could ever be friends again (which is how we started).

Now granted, in dealing with that move a lot of changes visited my life - most of them good, some of them trying - but most of them good. I will concede that if I hadn't gone to the East Coast, that event would have not have led me to where I am now (which is still a work in progress... LOL), but I like who I am now and love the life (friends and family) that I have.

And yes, perhaps the fates would have conspired with the universe to get me here - to a happier place, away from the drama and tears that the East Coast put me through but then later healed from... but I'd like to think perhaps not.

But yeah... I have some regrets, some of which I had control over and others not.

And in the end, I regret being emotionally bullied into moving across the country when I really didn't want to.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment