Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Education

Day 20: How important do you think education is?

Uh, LOTS!!!

I've always LOVED learning. Granted I had to have the right teacher. There were some in my schooling history that just didn't click with me and therefore made life in their class a struggle, but I made it. I graduated... even did a little bit of college. And sometimes I think about what if I stuck it out and got my degree in journalism.

But that's neither here nor there.

I always thought that I needed a degree to be a writer. Perhaps I need classes to help hone my craft, but I don't think I need a degree. What I need is time... and peace and quiet.

But as far as education? I feel it is highly important. The basics at least - how to take care of yourself, your family, how to work and pay bills, manage your finances. The building blocks of having a life.

Back in the day, I had friends that didn't want to go to school, always wanted to slack off, etc, and it upset me since I knew how smart and creative and amazing they were, and they were just wasting it. They didn't really see how awesome they were. Sure, you don't need a piece of paper or some test to tell you how smart you are. Some people can't work in a classroom environment. But everyone needs some kind of guidance, some kind of social coordination, something to help you along in life.

And I'm not just talking about math and English, although those are important. I'm talking about sports and the arts and all kinds of things. (But then we get into the topic of funding and how programs get cut, and I'm not going to get into that since it makes me moody.)

Okay, I've been sick, and I fear I'm babbling so I'll end this before it becomes something less coherent than I currently perceive it to be. In any case, to have a good head on your shoulders is a wise thing in any day and age.

Knowledge is power. So go forth my beauties - kick ass and take names!

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment