Thursday, July 21, 2016

"To the Enterprise... and to absent friends."

To Boldy Go... To The Movies After Work...
Another Thursday, another opening shift.

Work was work. Nothing special there. As The Talking Heads said... Same As It Ever Was.

And then there's the saying "All work and no play..."

Work was going to do one of their movie days again on Friday, and this time it was going to be Star Trek. Since I wouldn't be able to go since it landed around the last two hours of my shift, I decided to see it after work.

SOOOOO good. Simon Pegg and Doug Jung did such a good job on the script. You can tell Simon Pegg had a hand in the writing, but it was just so good. Kudos to everyone involved all around. Well done.

I find that when it comes to the new Star Trek movies, people either love them or hate them - there's really no inbetween. I'm a Trek fan, and I've liked them thus far. I have friends that are also Trek fans and don't care for them.

Tomato. Toe-mah-toe. Potato. Poe-tah-toe.

And the end credits broke me - left me all weepy.

So the initial credits rolled, the ones that are shot across the screen before the beautiful backdrop of the movie effects.

Then the score fades out.

The screen goes black. And you first see "In Loving Memory of Leonard Nimoy."

The screen goes black again, and then you see "For Anton."

I love(d) Leonard Nimoy and Anton Yelchin, and the fact that they're both gone makes me sad. Nimoy passed away last year in February whereas Yelchin passed recently. Both amazing entertainers as well as men.

The screen went black again, music started, and then credits began to scroll. But by then I was Weepy McWeeperson. I wasn't ugly crying or anything - that seems to be saved for Toy Story and Pixar - but the occasional tear fell here and there, and I couldn't stop it. It took a while, but I got my emotions under control.

And then I came home to have dinner, write some... and eventually pass the frak out.

Ahhh yes, another exciting day in the life of me. (You're welcome.)

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment