Monday, July 18, 2016

Q&A - And The Award Goes To...

It is the end of your life and you are up on a stage being presented with a major award. What award is it, and what have you won it for?
Me? An award? Geez. I have no idea. And the end of my life? That's seems pretty abysmal and depressing.

Two to three things (depending on how you'd count them) come to mind. All three can either overlap, coexist, be best buds... you know what I mean.

And I'm just going to ignore the "end of my life" part for now. Pretend likeit's not even there.

*plugs ears* LA LA LA LA, CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

So my main passion is writing - though I haven't written much in my time - so I would think I'd maybe get some kind of award in literature. I've always dreamed that I'd have this long bibliography of books that have been adapted into movies for mini-series, etc... but that's just me.

Or the arts, maybe?

I'm a big entertainment nerd so I've also fantasized in being an enterainer of some kind - voice acting and audiobook reader most likely but theatre would be cool, too.

The last thing would have to be about me wanting to make other people happy.

I consider myself to be a pretty decent person. I'm not perfect by any means - but then again, who is really? - but I'm all right.

But I feel that my calling - for lack of a better term - or even purpose in life is to make people happy. I personally don't like being unhappy, and I can honestly say that I don't like seeing other people unhappy either. So if I can make everyone that I interact with laugh or smile - even for a brief moment - I feel that I've added that much more joy to their life... and maybe when looking back on their day, they'll think of that odd duck of a girl that made a silly face or paid them a compliment or helped with directions or handed something to them when they dropped it.

You get my meaning.

Anyhoo, any of those things... all of those things... some of those things...???

I'll leave you to come up with what you think I'd be awarded for... because honestly, I believe you're your own worst critic, and even though I think I'm a pretty decent human being, I am terrible at being serious at tooting my own horn - and I think I'm pretty boring and meh, personally - so I can't honestly say what I'd be awarded for in my life or even begin to know where to start with that line of thinking.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment