Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Q&A - Technology

What modern technological device takes up most of your time?
The only tech that really takes up most of my time would be computers and my phone.

Work is all about my computer. I have a Mac which is hooked up to two extra monitors which gives me the real estate to have the programs and tabs I open I need to. (Also reminds me of a flight simulator.)

Having moved around a bit, I haven't had regular access to TV/Cable - and I love me my shows, yo! So I stream a lot of stuff on my laptop. (So many shows, so little time to ever really catch up.)

I also zone out on YouTube and Pinterest. Those are two things that are complete time-suckers for me. It's always "one more vid" or "I'll stop pinning... now?" Ugh!

But when I'm one with my mojo, I will spend time writing and outlining and sorting through note and arranging stuff. (Oh, how I need to focus more.)

The only other tech that takes up a good chunk of my time would be my phone. I have an iPhone 6S+, and I download a lot of freebie game apps. (I'm used to playing PC/console games and having demos to play before buying the actual game. Some game apps have a free version, and then to expand on them or get more, you have to pay for the full version. I'm down for that. But I'm not going to buy a game that I haven't tested and may not enjoy.

But I have a lot of puzzle games on my phone that take up a lot of my time, attention, and brain space.  Current addictions are Stella Pop (my favorite rounds and the music ones that have a time limit) and Lara Croft Relic Run (where I FINALLY defeated that damn TRex,)

If I actually had cable and/or a gaming console, I may be spending some time with those, but not as much. I mean, I am a bit of an addict - especially if I've been waiting for a game to come out for a long time - but even I have my limits.

I know how to use a variety of tech and am surrounded by it everywhere, but my main two tech-jams of choice (and time wasteyness) are my laptop and my phone (and the internet). LOL.

Later my lovelies,

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment