Thursday, July 7, 2016

"I Suffer From Short-Term Remembery Loss"

OMFGTHECUTENESS!!!
Another Thursday. Another opening shift.

Nothing much to report. Another day, another dollar, another lack of sleep...

Work has this thing called "Movie Madness" where on the occasional Friday (I think it's intended to be once a month), the drivers - and whoever else may be off that day - get taken out by work to the movies. Since it's during the driver's mid-day break, the movie doesn't usually get picked until closer to the movie day.

This Friday the movie of choice is "Finding Dory" - a movie I've been waiting to see. (Yay Pixar.)

So after I got out of work at 3:30pm, I killed a little bit of time and headed across the pond (aka freeway) to the theatre, used a movie pass, and treated myself to the movie.

It was lovely. And right off the bat, Baby Dory is SOOOOOO CUTE!!! I wanted to reach out into the screen and cuddle her up.

"I like sand. It's squishy."

She is just so frakkin cute!

And also the otters. GAWD DAMN, the cuteness almost killed me.

Now as much as I loved this movie - made me cry, dammit Pixar with the feels - but I have to say I like the first one a little more. That's not to say it wasn't beautiful and the story wasn't great or it didn't make me feel anything, but if I had to rank the two movies, it would go in the order of their release.

I think Toy Story is the only Pixar series that has continued to get better and stronger with every movie. (Even their shorts are wonderful. And now they're coming out with a fourth movie? I'll have to remember to bring Kleenex for the four big cries that are going to melt my face.)

I've loved all the Pixar films - yes, even Cars - but some just stand out more than others.

I'm still holding out for the Monster's Inc sequel with Boo either a little older than when we first met her or as an adult with her own little girl. And The Incredibles 2 - CAN'T WAIT!!!

But yeah, that was my Thursday in a nutshell.

LOL! That reminds me of an episode from Sports Night (S1E14: Rebecca).

DAN
So do you understand?
CASEY
No.
DAN
You don't?
CASEY
No.
DAN
Really?
CASEY
Yes.
DAN
Can I spread it out for you in a 
nutshell?

CASEY
No.
DAN
I can't?
CASEY
No.
DAN
Why not?
CASEY
'Cause I'm tired of you mixing your
metaphors.  Spread it out for you in a 
nutshell?  How 'ya doin', I'm a 
professional writer.

DAN
You got a little spot on your tie
there.

CASEY LOOKS DOWN AND DAN RUNS HIS FINGER UP AND BOINKS HIM IN
THE NOSE

DAN (CONT'D)
Whoop.

Gawd I miss that show.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment