Monday, November 8, 2021

Weekend Dreams (What Is Wrong With My Brain?)

I woke up from the strangest dream Saturday morning.

I was somewhere that was a mix of New York or LA... but with lots of beaches. I mean, like they were both extremely close together. Like minutes away from each other. Almost like a temporal shift or whatever... taking one step out your door in some metropolitan area, and the next step would be on the sand of a beach.

I don't think I explained myself very well, but meh - on with the dream story.

I don't think I started IN the hotel, but from what I can recall of the dream, I definitely ended up there at some point.

And there was killing.

I wasn't killing anyone or being killed, but somehow I ended up in a hotel where people were killing each other. At first, it seemed like it was a mock cosplay kind of game where you could hunt people down and kill them while others evaded you (like a heightened game of hide-and-seek?), and the hunted could fight back and evade their hunters. And whenever someone did get caught, you never saw the violence. And the moment you stepped off the property, you were back to "reality".

Which in dreamland doesn't mean shit.

I have no idea how I got there or what I was doing there. I have vague memories of going on a road trip with friends. The first thing I remember was being in the hotel and definitely not on the first floor. I remember being in a hallway or area of one of the floors. I was never in a room. Also, I don't think I was being hunted or hunting anyone else since I remembered being seriously confused and wondered how the fuck I had ended up at this hotel, but at one point, lots of people started running in from nowhere - all looking like '20's gangsters in double-breasted suits in a variety of solid deep colors each person carrying a gun of some kind (no pistols - I only remember long guns like shotguns or Tommy-guns. They just showed up out of nowhere, kicking down doors and running after people, and it was then I saw people getting shot in doorways, halls, and staircases - blood everywhere.

I remember trying to dodge the people that kept erupting from doorways or other rooms and did my best to get to the stairs. There was a moment on the stairs I was a mid-point - between doors - and a door opened and bad men ran inside and seemed to ignore me entirely and go after other people around me. Once they had passed, I ran for the door and continued my descent until I made it outside.

I had to have exited the hotel from a side door, but when I opened the door and walked outside, I was on the sidewalk. I immediately started off toward a busy area of the street where it looked like everyone was out for a block party. Whenever I chanced a glance back at the hotel, I saw no evidence of any murder or foul play. I kept going, putting as much distance between me and the hotel, and didn't really calm down until I got lost in the crowd.

There was a section of the street that was like a bridge that went over a river or stream, but when I turned to my left, I saw an amusement park - Coney Island/Disneyland - in the distance but on the water. (There was no water to my right so I have no idea where the water suddenly came from.)

I vaguely remember seeing my friend Kathy (who I assume I was on the road trip with), but I didn't find her until later when the crowds started to thin out, and the night was creeping in. (Oh yeah, did I forget to mention I exited the hotel into broad daylight? And for some reason, I thought it was night while IN the hotel. WTF?)

I think the dream ended shortly after I saw Kathy, and we were walking down the street together. I remember seeing the moon, and normally that makes me happy (I love the moon), but I was still worried - even though I was way far away from the hotel - that someone (or someones) was coming after me? Like they forgot something... or someone?

Gave me definite Persons Unknown or Reverie vibes. (Only if I could have said "Exitus" and woken up from the dream... or at least left the hotel immediately before the killing started.

Sunday morning - no dreams. I only woke up with sinus issues. Basically - the usual.

Now I'm thinking of Persons Unknown and Reverie - two shows that I wish had lasted longer than one season. I really liked them. And where they left off with the finale? Sheesh.

But it's REALLY late, so I should hit the sack and leave anyone who cares to read this for tomorrow.

[Ponders what dreams I may have tonight...]

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae


[PS... while setting this up to post, I forgot it's Daylight Savings Time - so even though I technically should be in bed for work... I''m still "early"? LOL]

No comments:

Post a Comment