Monday, October 4, 2021

The Return of the Insomniac Sloth

I'm sitting at home. 

It's almost 4am.

I should be asleep but since I had the last three days off - and when I'm not at the office - my sleep schedule, energy levels, and focus are basically... shit. So yeah, I'm... awake.

By the time this goes out, I will be at the office - possibly on my lunch break - and browsing the interwebs when really all I want to do is focus on ME and no one else.

But alas, here we are.

Most of Friday and Saturday was spent being a total sloth only randomly coming back to reality to visit the ladies' room or to feed my happy ass. I've been obsessed with this game on my phone - Merge Wood Block Puzzle. (I love puzzle games.) I've also been playing Beatstar, but the latest song I earned is "Crank That" by Soulja Boy. It makes it a little easier if I know the song, but I'm not really a fan of this track, so I'm not doing that great. 

Today was a decent day. I spent the day plotting and planning how to redo my apartment - looking up things on the Amazon, etc, to see what would make things more organized to my liking. All of this will most likely need to be done in batches, but I guess I'm okay with that - or at least I'll have to be. 

In addition to reorganizing my apartment, I'm also trying to regain some sort of semblance of normalcy, focus, organization, and drive within my own little bubble of the world. Most days, I feel at a loss. I think most of it is my insomnia kicking my ass, but somewhere back in the day, I lost my mojo, and I don't think I've ever really found it. 

I miss the old me: writing a lot, consuming books left to right, keeping my shit tidy... something happened, and I'm at a loss. 

I just miss my focus to do the things I want to get done. 

Speaking of focus - I'm trying to get this post up so it can post at the scheduled time, but I keep getting distracted. (Yay me!)

I also really want to redesign my page. I wish I knew how to code so my site would look better than it does. Perhaps I'm just picky. Perhaps my wanting to do so many things at once is also an issue with my focus and slothy-ness.

I'm all over the place.

Knowing me, I'll probably tinker with the layout/look of this blog after I finish this post.

And would you look at that? It's almost 4:30am/ I think I'm going to end here. (I know it's not the best post in many months, but it's a start. I'll try to make the next post something that makes more sense. But until then...

Goodnight and sweet blessings everyone!  

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment