Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Q&A - Ink

Do you have a tattoo? What is it and why did you get it? If not, would you ever get one? What would the tattoo be, and what would it symbolize to you?
Ahhh tattoos.

I'm a fan of some good ink. I've seen some exquisite pieces of work. A lot of my friends have tattoos.

I myself once entertained the notion of getting one... but the thing is, I have this issue with needles... as in I HATE THEM!

When I was little, and I had to get a shot or blood drawn or whatever a needle was involved for, I spazzed the frak out. And that didn't stop when I got older. I remember having to have blood drawn when I was older - late elementary school/junior high age - and I nearly hyperventilated. 

It wasn't until I was older and in high school that I decided to confront my fear of needles by donating blood at the annual blood drive. Did it for Christmas and Easter, and I thought If I can do this, then I can get over my fear of needles.

I am better about them now, but I still don't think I'll ever get one. I remember once explaining my issues with needles to someone who had multiple tattoos, and in an attempt to make it better, they said that instead of one needle, it's a lot of needles all at once. I just stared at them thinking And that's supposed to put me at ease?

That's like telling someone who is afraid of clowns that if you just lock yourself in a closet with several of them, it'll be fine. (Okay, that's perhaps an exaggeration, but you get the gist.)

But then there's the matter of choosing something. I'd want it to be a representation of me. For example, I love turtles, dragons, and Celtic knotwork. So maybe if I could design something that encompassed all those things, that would be cool. Or something in kanji. But I remember hearing people talking about those kinds of tattoos that it either was supposed to represent you or something you wish to learn or achieve. So I never figured that one out.

I had always thought I'd get it on my lower back - if I ever got one at all - but then I started hearing all those "tramp stamp" comments and it turned me off... even though I still thought the right design would look nice.

I don't know. Since it's such a permanent thing, and nothing is really standing out giving me that I REALLY HAVE TO GET THIS feeling... I most likely will never get one. (There's always henna.) ^_^

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment