Monday, August 15, 2016

Q&A - Time Is Precious. Waste It Wisely.

Complete this thought, "I wish an alarm would notify me whenever..."
LOL! I have to pick just one thing?

I saw these things online. I can't remember what they're called, but I remember they reminded of FitBits.

Wait a minute. *runs to Google* FOUND IT! It's called a Pavlok - which according to Google, the site link says "Break Bad Habits with Classical Pavlovian Conditioning."

You remember good ol' Pavolv, right? The whole ringing the bell, the dog comes, gets food. So the dog is conditioned so when he hears the bell, he expects food. Blah blah blah.

Now I will admit I was intrigued because someone told me that they could configure their FitBit to let them know when they haven't moved and will chime or buzz as if to say "move your lazy ass." (That person ended up shutting off that feature.)

Speaking as a person that has 3 or more alarms set on their iPhone in 5 minute intervals with different ringtones to help wake her up in the morning since due to insomnia (and the occasional bout of a busy life), can't seem to get up right away in the morning... that wouldn't work for me. Admittedly I am interested in getting a FitBit or something like it, but at first I need to work on getting more active.

I have no idea what happened. I used to be somewhat active. There was a span of time I went to the gym on a regular basis, and I even think about going on evening walks before bed just to help me tire out and get to sleep, but nowadays I've been feeling very FRAKITALL.

During powerloss, I just don't want to do anything.

  • I don't want to move, 
  • I don't want to work, 
  • I don't want to cook, 

And it seems that feeling has overlapped into my regular everyday life.

Granted I have had a bit of a busy past few months with helping friends pack up for a move, helping paint the new place before the move, going to birthday/baby shower/holiday parties (yes, I know those are mandatory, but with some of them I helped with decorating and/or cake making), running errands, taking on more tasks at work due to various reasons and not really seeing anytime to get all of it done... so that with a mix of insomnia can exhaust a person.

Since it can be a chore and a half - and that's putting it mildly - in trying to get my ass in gear in the morning, I would most likely kill anyone and everyone if I were SHOCKED awake.

But in an ideal world where I have most of my life under control, and I'm getting enough sleep, I would think the following things would be good to be

  • when I'm about to make a bad food choice (most of the time I can talk myself off the ledge of being completely unhealthy, but there are times *ahem - powerloss - ahem* where I am lazy as frak and will even shove Jack in the Box in my face... and if you know me, that's saying something)
  • when I'm starting to lose my cool with my mom (to remind myself to chill out)
  • when I need to deep condition my hair and face mask my face (I really should be doing this once a week since my hair really needs it and my face can be terrifying, but again... lazy comes into play)
  • as a reminder of correspondence (sending letters, cards, etc)
  • when I need to move my ass (I think this one is self-explanatory since I'm a cow and need to do something about it)
  • as a reminder to throw the trash and recyclables as well when to do laundry (I try to do these things once a week and sometimes either forget or just don't do them)
  • as a reminder to wash the dishes (I have a decent sized sink but only so much counter space and no dishwasher - aside from my own two hands - so I really need to get in the habit more often to wash as I go... which I do, though when cooking/baking, it can get a little overwhelming)
  • to make time for myself (I originally set it up that I would blog on the weekdays leaving the weekends off for me to work on my novel... and so far it hasn't been working too well since I've either been bed-ridden due to my sinuses, powerloss, or both; promised to help someone or attend an event; or just too frakkin tired from work to move at all. I really need to get my ass in gear.)
Okay, I think I've babbled enough.

Maybe I just need an alarm to notify me whenever I'm being less than stellar about myself which hopefully would remind me in those moment where I slip in life to be more up and mobile and present.

Without actually being shocked - sorry Pavlok - I need a jump start to my life again. My creativity comes in waves, but my energy levels are not where I'd like them to be, and I feel that's a key factor to things not going in the direction I'd like them to be going. (You need power to make the car go, and currently my car-body is empty, not even running on fumes.)

I'm pretty sure y'all understood that part, but since I feel I'm starting to not make any frakkin sense or before I start to become completely senile, I think I'll end this post here.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment