Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Work, Books & Martians

Today was not very exciting or eventful.

Work was work. Came in at 10am. Left around 6:30pm.

After work, I headed to the library to pick up a copy of The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury since that's the August choice for my Facebook Book Group. I had originally wanted to get a copy at the used bookstore near my house (which was also near the library), but they are closed and are moving to Gilroy.

What the FRAK?!

Nabbed the audiobook and paper copy from the library. I'm a little excited to read this since aside from the Halloween book, I haven't read much or any Bradbury. I know he's Summer reading for most schools, but when I had Summer reading, it was Mark Twain and John Steinbeck. I keep meaning on going through the Summer reading lists, but I need to find one to work from.

I ended up picking up a few other books/graphic novels. I purposely didn't come in with a bag to carry my books in to help prevent me from grabbing anything and everything under the sun that looked good to me. With that said, I ended up with a decent stack that I deadlifted to my car. LOL.

I always pass by the new releases as well as the graphic novel section when upstairs... and I saw some graphic novels that I'd seen on some BookTubers videos I've watched... so I thought WHY NOT?

I swear, with the amount of books that I had to carry from upstairs, down the stairs, to the elevator to the garage, and then to my car? My upper arms should be RIPPED!!! Ha!

And then it was off to the drugstore before heading home where I pretty much became a zombie after I changed into my jammies.

And that was my exciting day. How was yours?

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment