Monday, August 8, 2016

Q&A - This Little Bear Came From England

Isn't he the cutest little thing???
When my friends go on trips to wherever, and they ask me "You want anything?" - I have a few different responses to this.

  • shot glass
  • postcard
  • shot glass and postcard
  • something you can only get from where you are... and I don't mean something like matches from the hotel you're staying at 
The last one is similar to the others in the respect that I don't expect anyone to bring me back a mink coat or some pricey thing, but then I don't want some trinket every touristy place has (save shot glasses and postcards). LOL.

Now I never really expect anything so the times they've come back saying something like "there was this thing that made me think of you, but I didn't have time to get it" or whatever, I always tell them it's okay - it's the thought that counts. And that's true since sometimes I hear "there was thing that would have been perfect for you" or "oh hey, I have something for you" which for some reason always leave me happy and slightly stunned... like "you thought of me? really?"

A while back a friend was going to England for business and was taking orders... literally. He said something like "Hey, I'll be leaving for England soon. Let me know what you want."

I had heard of Harrods for the longest time so I told him - if possible - could I get something from Harrods. Just a little something-something, but I stressed it wasn't important (since I had no idea where in the country he would be and how accessible anything was) and pushed the last reply instead.

When he came back, I got this adorable little bear in a kilt and tall fuzzy helmet... and on his paw was stitched the name of the store. He fits in my hand, and is so cute, and love him lots.

I've received some other Harrods stuff since then - not much but a few things - but the little kilt soldier bear was my first.

The End. ^_^

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment