Monday, August 29, 2016

Q&A - Better Sense Of Self

What have you been able to accomplish this year that you're really proud of?
Accomplished?

I don't feel I've accomplished much this year... or in life to be honest. That's probably more my pessimism tainting my realistic view on things, but it's definitely a decent assessment more or less.

This year... let me see if I can find something.

Well... I guess if I had to pick something, I would say I've slowly accomplished happiness.

I learned early on that I can't please the world so I don't even try. I just focus on being the best person I can be, and if that gels with others, that's cool. And I feel I must be doing something right since I feel I'm likable and rather pleasant to be around. Also people come to me for help and fun, etc, so yeah. I feel I'm on the right path.

I've been working on me in the past few years. I get wound up with a lot of crap that surrounds me. Every aspect of life can have stress, but it's how you deal with the stress that helps you heal and be a better person, be happier.

I have tried my best to be a more positive person - inside and out. Yeah, I still have my down days, and life stresses can pull on you further, but I've done my best to tune them out. I pick my battles - the things that are worth my energy and time - and say no to unnecessary stresses (although work is unavoidable most of the time as is family).

It's still a process, but I think I'm getting the handle on things. And life is progressing slowly but on the right path. I just have to be strong enough in myself to take the next step when it comes.

So... yeah. I guess if I have accomplished anything this year that I'm even remotely proud of, it's being a better 'me.'

And I guess that's all I have to say about that.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment