Thursday, September 1, 2016

Possibly Breaking Even

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..." -Dory from "Finding Nemo"
Today was a trying day.

I had trouble falling asleep and got maybe two hours (if that) which lead to me having trouble getting up in the morning. I did get up though, freshened up, gathered my breakfast and lunch items and headed for the office.

The guy temp wasn't going to be there... which was fine. The girl temp was to show up 3 hours after I started. Physically there were two experienced reps working in CS today, and one remote, but since I can't tell what the remote person is doing, I forget she's there but am grateful whenever I see her name on the board grabbing a request and taking care of it.

This morning was lame, and it felt super busy since we we're currently short-staffed. Girl temp left at 1pm on the nose, and I decided it wasn't nice to leave the one chic physically in the department by herself (since last time that happened to me, and the boy temp was there, it sucked), so I took my lunch later when she was taking hers after the two closing shift gals showed up.

I'm keeping it together, but I just wish I find my flow soon. I'm used to gaining new responsibilities gradually, but it sort of feels like I've been dropped into the deep end of the ocean without so much as a single arm floatie.

After work was feeding Nameless at the gas station and stopping by the Clocktower for some coffee goodness as a treat to myself... and in hopes of keeping myself awake when I got home.

I keep hoping this new schedule will help me fix my sleep cycle, but so far it's still as chaotic as usual. Then again, the new schedule just started so we'll see how it goes from here.

Tomorrow is payday which means rent and two new tires for Nameless. Even though those things haven't happened yet, I feel some sense of accomplishment which is a little comforting.

And now to attempt sleep.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment