Friday, September 2, 2016

Q&A - What Day Is It?

Write about something you frequently forget.
Something I frequently forget? There's a joke in there somewhere, but I won't make it.

The first thing that comes to mind would be dates... as in calendar dates... specifically major holidays and birthdays.

My mind goes into auto-pilot so when I'm at work writing notes or typing an email or even at home plotting out bills, etc, my mind fills in the date automatically.

But for some dumb reason, my brain will forget days that have been ingrained in my being since childhood. Like at work... I'll usually initial things I've done followed by the date so I know which revision copy it is. If it's a normal day, it's fine - my brain knows what's up, sends that electrical impulse down my arm to my hand to write the correct date.

But say it's July 4th. I'll be writing a note or signing something, and I'll get to the date part, and my hand will pause as if to say "Yo' brain! Wassup?" And then my brain will blank, and you'll usually hear me say aloud, "What's the date?" quickly followed with self-disgruntled muttering of "it's the 4th of July, you idiot."

I also forget the date on my birthday, family birthdays and most (if not all) major holidays. It always ends with that little hiccup on the date when I have to remind myself - you know, that day that was the same last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...

Yeah, I know. I'm real exciting. LOL.

*headdesk*

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment