Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Q&A - Books,Journals & Pens... OH MY!!!

What area of your life do you tend to enjoy in excess instead of moderation?
I immediately wanted to say FOOD since for some reason it feels like the right answer.

But when I think on it some more, I would say it would be more literary... literally.

Meaning, books and stationary.

I LOVE books... and journals... and pens... and notebooks... and planners... and post-its.

Well, yeah, you get the drift. ^_^

Stories have always been a part of my life. Growing up, I've always loved storytime at school or making up stories with my brother to when I started to read on my own.

As I grew older, my love of books grew with me, and libraries were my first foray into tons of books at a time, but at school, I could only check out 2 at a time. At the public library... when I found out I could check out as many books as I could carry? Damn! BOOK HEAVEN!!!

Admittedly, when I go to the library, I look at a lot of stuff, and my literary appetite is always bigger than the timeframe in which I have the books for, but I always manage to bring home WAY more than I can accomplish during the checkout time frame.

Still... I'm not a quitter.

When I go to bookstores, I always check out the new releases as well as the new authors showcased by the store and the New York Times Bestsellers. I used to take notes on all the boosk that looked interesting to me. Now I just take pics with my iPhone. (I have an album folder for books.)

And used bookstores? Forget about it. I'll go in looking for one thing or simply with the intent to browse, but damn... I just can't help myself.

Same goes with journals, pens and various forms of stationary and supplies.

The amount of journals that I have... that are blank... is insane. When people would come over and see all the journals, they assume they're full... and give me weirdo looks when I tell them they aren't.

Now there is a weird psycho reason why most of them aren't full, but that's just me. I want what's in them to be awesome... and the prettier the journal, the more awesome that thing has to be... and since I'm my own worst critic and think my writing is crap...

Yeah, you see where this is going I'm sure.

And I love me a good office supply store. I love Post-Its, flags, highlighters, Sharpies...

And pens. Dead gawd, how I love them. Though yes, I am quite particular about my pens, I also have classic staples (like the clear Bic pens with the cap). I will buy those in packs. And the ink ALWAYS has to be blue. (I'll use black ink, but my preferred ink color of choice is blue.) And pens have to feel good in my hand. It's almost like Baby Bear's porridge -- not too heavy, not too light. And when I write? It's got to be smooth with no blotches, and has to be a solid deep line. Not uber dark, but solid and fluid. And it also has to fit in my hand...

Okay, I think my OCD is taking over this post.

But oh yeah, books and writing supplies (journals and pens to be specific). That's my jam.

LOL! Part of me feels a little like I'm disappointing this post by not having some answer like booze or jewelry or perfume... but yeah. I'm a simple gal. ^_^

...
...
...

Okay, and food, too. Ha!

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment