Thursday, June 9, 2016

Picking Battles

Would you look at that. Another poem. Another one of those stream of consciousness things.

*******

To be a good person
A rule I live by in life
To be kind and helpful
Honest and strong
While not hurting myself or others
But there are moments where I am
Challenged
And my sturdy framework of self is
Tested
And sometimes I briefly falter
Feeling that I have failed
Succumbing to the toxicity
Of things not worth my time
From my lips spill anger
For that which does not deserve the
Effort
Occasionally I slip
And have to reel myself back
Remind myself that in the grand scheme
This person
This thing
This instance
Is not worth my words
Or my time
Or my breath
Or my energy
The challenge grows as of late
More frequent than before
But it only serves as a reminder
To be strong in myself
Because in the end
I choose happiness
I choose me

*******

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment