Friday, June 24, 2016

Q&A - Stupid Is As Stupid Does

What stupid question have you heard someone ask (or asked yourself)?
Oh there are so many.

Stupid questions I've heard someone ask...

  • I worked at McDonald's when I was in high school. If I had a nickel for every time someone placed an order in the drive-thru, and I asked, "Will that be all?" and the answer was "Oh. To go, please" -- I'd be Oprah-rich.
  • Also working fast food, if I had a nickel for every time I asked "What would you like today?" and the person start asking for a Whopper or Taco Supreme? -- OPRAH RICH! (Come on now. It's FAST FOOD! Not rocket science.)
  • I also worked at Walgreens, one of the 24-hour locations. When I'd answer the phone, I'd say "Walgreens 24 Hours" and they'd always ask "What are your hours?" (Or they'd also ask, "Are you open?")
  • I worked at Barnes and Noble for a few years, and the superstore I worked at was directly on the corner of two streets - for the sake of this post I'll say those streets were Wilshire and Chatanooga. When I'd answer the phone, I'd say "Barnes and Noble-Wilshire, how may I help you?" and they'd ask "Where are you located?"
  • While at the bookstore, a child was crying hysterically in the kid's department, and we couldn't find her parents. Finally as we were going to contact the authorities, a woman runs in, screaming at us, asking us where we were taking her daughter. We let her know her daughter was crying, and we couldn't find her. "I was only at the bank for 5 minutes-." (She had the nerve to be upset with us when we told her in a somewhat polite way that our store was not daycare. - The amount of times people left their children in the kid's department while they ran errands baffles me to this day.)
  • In an answer to a "What happened-?" question, after telling the person all I know with the ending phrase "And that's all I know" and then they proceed to ask more questions. (What part of "that's all I know" do you not understand?")
  • I have naturally curly hair that falls in layers to about the middle of my back. I will get asked every so often "Is that natural?" (at which point I want to respond in some Igor from Young Frankenstein kind of way). Or they ask "How does your hair come out of your head like that?" (Science?) Or on the occasions I get a blow out - which usually lasts about a week depending on the weather - I'll get asked by people who see me all the time "Did you straighten your hair?" (No. I just slept on it wrong. *or* I'm just not feeling very well. -- And then they have to ask if I'm messing with them.)
  • At one apartment I lived at, we had a phone service where we had to call out to retrieve our messages - so we had no answering machine. Yet every time my mother called, she'd say "Hello? Are you home?" like I could hear her. I then explained the service (no machine), and if she calls and get our voicemail message just to leave a message. Don't try to talk to us through the message because we can't hear her. But she kept on doing it anyway. My favorite was when she said, "Are you sleeping? If you're sleeping, pick up the phone." WTFrak!?
Stupid questions I've asked myself?

I know I've asked some stupid things in my time, but I can't remember them at the moment -- or at least any recent examples. I'll usually ask someone something and then realize the answer as I'm asking or right after I've asked it. I do that more times than I can count. 

But yeah. I can't recall a specific example (though I know I've asked my fair share).

And I guess that's it for this one.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment