Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Not Much In the "Accomplished" Department

Being a writer is like having homework every night for the rest of your life.
-Lawrence Kasdan

So here I am trying to keep up with the "Monday/Wednesday/Friday" thing. Yeah, this is only the first week I've been doing this... so let's see how this goes.

First up? Update stuff.
And the crowd's rejoice from my one update accomplishment. Woo hoo!

Yes, that was sarcasm.

Nothing much to report at the moment. Today was my day off which I spent mostly resting (take that insomnia) as well as getting over a slight sinus migraine that has been plaguing me off/on for the past few days. It comes and it goes, and I just wish it would stay gone.

Spent some time with my friend Chris M (who is car-sitting for two of his niece's friends who are just lovely ladies). Taxi'd the ladies to the train station where Chris M and I parted company with them and headed for coffee. We hung out at Starbucks (where I tried their Cranberry White Chocolate Mocha, minus the whip... quite tasty). After several hours of socializing and talking about games, writing and filmmaking, we headed to the grocery store to pick up some soup fixings for his lady Renee M who is sick but still bussing it to/from work everyday. Once back at their apartment, I went inside to see Renee M (who swears she's no longer contagious), and we chatted, had tea, a little soup, and while she napped on the couch after we watched some Torchwood, Chris M let me play some Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I had never played the franchise before although I was familiar with it. He has all three games, and my progress on the first one is currently saved for when next we have a game day.

After I left, I hooked up with Lailani B, and we grabbed some grub (the soup hadn't quite hit the spot for me). I picked her up, and we headed to a late night Asian joint where we had fried rice, chicken and chow fun. I had a Spanish coffee which was very tasty. The dude that was helping us didn't know what kind of coffee it was since it was already made before he added the ice cream (yes my friends... ice cream). I was a little cold so I thought I'd order coffee to warm me up, but when it came to our table iced, I didn't mind. Its tastiness won out over its temperature.

Afterwards, I went home, and here I am.

The night before I put the minibook away and propped open my notebook to jot down some story ideas and apparently passed out. (Yay me!) I think I woke up several times thinking the previous times I woke up were dreams, but I'm starting to think they weren't. Then I had to pee so when I made myself get up, it was then I noticed the sky starting to lighten. When I got back to my room, I checked my phone, and it was around 6am. Admitting defeat (and that I was quite tired), I put the writing stuff away and called it a night.

I woke up a couple times due to housemates and dog's barking, but then my sinuses were tight, and there was a pang at the back of my head that really wasn't nice so I laid down, cuddled with my cat and eventually passed back out. When I woke, I got in touch with Chris M, made plans, showered, headed on over to his place... and the rest is history (or actually already covered earlier in this post).

I'm hoping I'll be caught up with my story blogs by the end of the month. As it is, I'm already trying to schedule social time, holiday trip time, shopping around work and failed attempts at writing.

So I'm a month behind. It's not THAT depressing...

*breaks a metaphorical empty beer bottle against the wall and shoves the imaginary jagged bits into my gut*

Okay, so yeah... it IS that depressing. But I'm getting there, right? That's the positive flip to all this.

Tomorrow I close and then after work, I'm meeting up with some friends to catch the midnight showing of The Hobbit. (Aww yeah, letting my nerd flag fly!)

I'm a little nervous since Friday is my first weekend opening shift. I've never opened before, and on the weekends, it's one person during the day and one at night. I've always been the night person. Why I've been given the day shift, I have no idea. (I also work the opening shift New Year's Day... which I've been joking that I'll most likely sleep a good portion of New Year's Eve away, head out to whatever party presents itself, and then afterwards head straight to work with a six-pack of Red Bull.) I just don't want to frak it up.

Okay, I think that's all I have for today. Sorry it isn't much, but at least it's something, right?

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment