Monday, December 31, 2012

Countdown to 2013!!!

The only way to spend New Year's Eve is either quietly at home with friends or in a brothel.
-W.H. Auden

At home typing on the minibook. I have New Year's Eve off from work so I'm not sitting in a big girl chair at a big girl computer. Instead I'm sitting in my room, in bed, typing on tiny keys thinking I REALLY need a manicure.

But first... updates!
I was hoping to have more written before now, but Saturday was filled with naps and birthday celebrations, and Sunday night at work was just... ugh.

Every time I thought I was caught up, a whole new screen of madness would refresh and boom! - I'd be in need of a beer... or fifty.

But I am hopeful and positive in thinking that if I DID have time to write, I would have written something.

The last thing I was working on was Penelope, but alas... work got in the way.

I was also thinking about writing a rant on another site, but again - no time.

I've also been mentally retooling the LEVERAGE fanfiction idea I have which I think is funny since it'll never see the light of day.

Speaking of LEVERAGE, I keep seeing things that remind me of TNT which makes me grumbly all over again since they didn't renew the awesome show for another season. (Bastards.)

First was a song on the way to work the other day - TNT by AC/DC. hen when taking a walk around the building to stretch my legs and back, I saw a truck (I think it was a delivery truck of some kind) whose business name I can't quite recall, but the logo emphasized the first letters of each of the business's name which was... TNT.

I know I should really let it go, but it bums me out. I need all the seasons on DVD and do some sort of marathon to make me happy. Can't really do one anyway since I don't have a TV or DVD player in my room, and my landlady's husband hogs the TV in the living room watching sport all day long... and the minibook doesn't have a CD/DVD player much less the power to play them... so I'm back to square one.

I'm trying to write this post now since it's officially New Year's Eve and since I work the opening shift New Year's Day, the tentative plan is to sleep most of the day away with earplugs and no alarms of any kind. As far as plans go, mine will have to be local due to having to work early the next day. Nothing definite has been decided yet so I'm just going to fly by the seat of my pants and see what happens. I suppose I have a few options, but one of these years I'll go back to having a giant social NYE.

As far as January 1st, 2013 is concerned, I get out of work at 4pm so I'm thinking of treating myself to "Les Miz". I have three movie passes burning a hole in my wallet from work, and one guy said that some theatres will use them for discount for newer movies. So we'll see. There's also "Rise of the Guardians", "Silver Linings Playbook" and "Flight". Heard good things about "Jack Reacher", and it is based off a novel of an author that I have been meaning to read. (Lee Child's on the list.) I also think "Argo" is playing in some theatres. Wanted to see that.

Eh, we'll see.

Hell, maybe I'll just go see The Hobbit again. (Gollum FTW!!!)

They're selling Gollum plushies as Barnes and Noble. Okay, so technically they only had Gandalf and Bilbo, but the tag shows they make a Gollum AND I WANT ONE!!! (As well as the cute bobble heady one.) Just wish the plushie one was bigger so I can cuddle it better in bed while I slumber off into sleepy sleep land.

YES! I love Gollum. He's my fave character from the movies. Andy Serkis is awesome and plays the character(s) brilliantly. And just because I think Gollum is adorable does not mean I'm broken so SHOOSH!!!

Okay, I think it's time to sign off on this tiny little darling of a post and catch y'all later in the new year (and on Wednesday... since that's the next day I should be blogging, and I think I work that day.) Maybe I'll have some new writing stuff. Who knows?

I wish all y'all an awesometastic new year's eve. Be safe, have lots of fun, and remember... it didn't happen if there aren't any pictures or videos of it. *grin*

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment