Friday, December 14, 2012

A-Babbling I Go...

When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep... and you're never really awake.
-Narrator from "Fight Club"

It's Friday, and I'm tired.

I closed last night at work, and then I went to the mall to meet up with friends to see the midnight IMAX 3D showing of THE HOBBIT. Work was crap toward the end of my shift (stupid rude people)

By the time I got home, it was maybe 3am... and by the time I actually forced myself to sleep since I wasn't truly tired to pass out, I think I managed to get three hours... ish... before I had to get up and get ready for work. I stopped off at an AM/PM to get some energy drinks, downed the first almost completely before I got to the office, and then headed into work. It was a little busy for the most part... busy enough to keep my mind/body working to give the illusion of actually being awake, but then I was mailing postcards - attaching address labels and stamps. The meaty part of my right palm feels like it's on the brink of growing a knot from all the adhesing I was doing.

But enough about my work stuff. On to writing stuff.

November story blogs I still need to update...
Then of course there's all of December that I haven't even started.

*headdesk*

I've also been plagued with LEVERAGE fan-fiction. Not sure why. It's more of an idea since I have no idea how to work the mechanics of one of their cons, but then again, my mind - the writer spirit in me - wants to write out the stories that I've conjured up in my noggin. The idea I had was for a character to add to the group just for a season, like a sub-plot story bit. I had an idea for something similar for season four of CHUCK, but I never really worked on it. 

Even though I've written some fan-fiction in the past (either simply for myself or for the random gift to someone per request), I don't feel comfortable playing in someone else's sandbox. I'm not crapping on anyone's parade that writes it. I've read some, and it's entertaining, but as for me? I just can't really wrap my head around it.

I'd rather create my own stuff... and lots of it.

With that being said, I need to work on my novels soon. Perhaps at the beginning of the year. I have a lot of stuff that I plan on starting at the beginning of the year. Right now, plotting my life and the holidays and dealing with the amount of time and energy I have to write these days? Damn. It's hard. 

Maybe I just need to start taking crack? That'll keep me awake, right?

In all seriousness, I'm hoping that my plans for next year are not just some dumb New  Year's Resolution that is just going to fall by the wayside like most resolutions do. I have plans... things I'd like to do and accomplish next year... the sooner the better.

If you haven't guessed by now, this is me trying to be positive and psych myself into positivity. You think it's working?

Anyway, that is all for now. Hopefully my next (Monday) post will have lots of writing updates in it. (Praise Jeebus!)

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment