Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Letters to November ||| 4


Dear November,

Today ended in pain. My lower grew rather grumpy as the day wore on, and even the heating patch I placed on it toward the end of my work day wasn't helping as much as I would have liked it to.

I felt a little - though not completely - better when I got home, but decided to wax on the positive instead of the negative.

So today, I thought I'd share with you some things that have made me smile.

I believe in being a good person, and in that way of life, I have always wanted to see people happy, to see them smile and hear them laugh. And without really making much of an effort - it just sort of seeps out of me - if I can make every person I interact with happy to some extent, it warms my heart and brings a little extra awesome to the world.

In that same regard, I collect quotes - things that inspire me or can inspire or simply because for some reason or another they make me smile/happy. It wasn't until about mid-way through the year that I noticed every month of my calendar had a quote on it, so I figured I would share those kind words of love and positivity with you here. (Even though it's not quite the end of the year, I thought I'd add in December not only to round out the calendar, but because I think it's my favorite quote of the lot and sums up my 'spread the love' vibe quite nicely.)

January 
"The power of imagination makes us infinite."
-John Muir

February 
"Begin to be now what you want to be hereafter."
-William James

March 
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
-William James

April
"Dreams are wishes your heart makes."
-American Proverb

May
"Energy and persistence conquer all things."
-Benjamin Franklin

June
"The essence of love is kindness."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

July
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
-Henry David Thoreau

August
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
-Theodore Roosevelt

September
"They can conquer who believe they can."
-Virgil

October

"There is no remedy for love but to love more."
-Henry David Thoreau


November
"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

December
"Happiness never decreases by being shared."
-Buddha

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment