Sunday, November 8, 2015

Letters to November ||| 8


Dear November,

It is Sunday, and the first half of my day was spent lounging about my apartment - mainly in bed - reading graphic novels in between spritzes of nasal decongestant.

It rained a bit (which made me happy), and I ended up going out and being somewhat productive and social.

It wasn't until the end of the night when I finally got home that I had any problems.

See, for various reasons, I haven't been to the gym in a while. Some of the reasons have been logical, well-founded, and quite true - sick, post-car-accident injuries acting up, insomnia kicking my ass, working kicking my ass, LIFE & THE UNIVERSE kicking my ass - though I will not deny that there was a lot of lazy didn't play it's part.

Why is it so difficult to restart something once you've take a break from it? It's like school. Summer break? AMAZEBALLS!!! Returning to school? Yeah, not so amazeballs.

I had been vowing to go back, always saying "I'll start next month" or "next week." So many start dates with no follow through.

Recently I had meant to go back at the beginning of last month, but then laziness and life got in the way. So then I thought I'd start this month. Sadly powerloss was visiting toward the end of last month and the beginning of this month, so regardless of what *I* wanted to do, my body had other plans.

But tonight was going to be the night. I had to go home and do some laundry, and then I changed into my workout clothes, hopped in my car, and headed to the gym. I went to a different location than I had gone before the big break, and I think I like the one I've been going to a little better. The machines are different, but I like by the time I get there (which is usually late), I have the place to myself.

I weighed myself, and it looks like my change in diet has been paying off some since I was less than I was last time I weighed myself. So that was something of a mood lifter.

Two hours of machines and stretching and my body asking/screaming "WHY?!?!?!", I headed home where I have prepped lunch and breakfast for the next couple of days, and am now off to bed... only to most likely wake up like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz. (FRAK!)

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment