Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Letters to November ||| 10


Dear November,

Today was okay.

Work was... work. I felt like I was very productive and got a lot of stuff done.

I asked my manager if she got my email about CT, and she said she had but didn't have a chance to review it and would let me know.

After work, I headed home, took an accidental nap (essentially when I'm tired, and I mean to do more in the day, but as soon as I stop moving, my body starts to melt and BOOM! asleep... though the naps only seem to last a couple hours which is okay?), and then changed into gym clothes and went to work out.

The other gym location I go to now - which is a little farther than the location I signed up at before my move - has a different layout and different machines than the other one. I like the treadmills more, and strangely, my treadmill of choice is the one right by the window. Go fig!

There's a curling machine (as in arm curls, not that weird Winter Olympic sport with brushes on ice) that is different than the one at the original location. My body and it don't really gel. After my hour on the treadmill, I usually start on the arms, but since the machine doesn't fit my body, I initially thought of using the weights to do my curls. (Me and my little 10lb'ers, 3 reps of 10 each arm. Oh yeah. It's a sight to behold.)

Needless to say that part of my workout regime has changed.

Now I'm all machine. (Which means I stay in the machine area, and don't really enter the freeweights area toward the back of the gym.)

So essentially, this is my workout routine:

  • Stretch
  • Treadmill - 1 hour (pace changes depending on how my left leg feels during that time)
  • Row/Rear Deltoid - 3 sets of 10 with a 10 sec in between
  • Pulldown (works biceps and back) - 3 sets of 10 with a 10 sec in between
  • Shoulder Press - 3 sets of 10 with a 10 sec in between
  • Chest Press - 3 sets of 10 with a 10 sec in between
  • Triceps Press - 3 sets of 10 with a 10 sec in between
  • Torso Rotation - 3 sets of 10 each direction, with a 10 sec in between
  • Hip Abductor (the machine that essentially looks like you're in birthing stirrups) - 3 sets of 10 each out and in, with a 10 sec in between
  • Stretch
I feel most impressed with myself when I stretch since I'm not the most limber, but when I can sit straddle and lower my body center... and be almost flat with the floor? Yeah, for me? That is impressive. (Trust me,)

I've been feeling better about myself and my body. (Who knew the gym would do that for ya, eh?) But seriously... YES I'm more tired, and the accidental naps (aka when my brain is not stimulated and my body stops moving for any reason), but I feel accomplished and... better?  I know it's only been the first week back, but I think the regularity in a work schedule which results in a regularity in when I go to the gym is helping.

PLUS I'm eating less! (STOP THE PRESSES!!! Also don't tell my mom since she'll immediately want to feed me, guilt me into eating everything, and then tell me I eat too much and need to lose weight.)

Yeah, that's a thing. Welcome to my world.

Getting my own place, I had theorized a few things would change, and one of them - now that I have my own space, my own space to store food and my own place to cook said food - was my diet changing. I go grocery shopping maybe every two weeks, and I've been trying new recipes (THANK YOU PINTEREST!!!) and eating less carbs (by CHOICE... though I'm Asian, so I can't NOT have rice, yo!)

I feel better when I get home though my body has been "Hey you! What's up with the abuse?" since walking around the day after is a pretty stiff venture. I'm feeling it less and less as days go by, and yeah... if for some reason I forget I've worked out, my body will remind me.

But meh, who knows? At this rate, I may go down a few sizes which will be nice... but right now, I'm taking it one step at a time.

I've been waking up hungry though I take my breakfast with me to work and have it there. And then lunch. And maybe something for dinner if I don't have any leftovers from lunch. (It's also weird having breakfast again.) But I think I'm starting to ramble...

Ugh, remember that thing about being more tired? I'm going to bed now... hopefully insomnia will be kind and let me sleep.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment