Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Congested & Tired

Walt Kowalski: I'm here for a confession.
Father Janovich: Oh, Lord Jesus what have you done?
-from the movie "Gran Torino"

So what's going on today in the Land of Oz? Or in this case Fro? Some updates I believe.

And now for other stuff.

Been working on writing stuff... or trying to. Found some old things that I had on the minibook and emailed them to myself so I could try to work on it at work or wherever. I haven't been able to as of yet, but hey... it's work. Busy busy busy.

While at work, I got to talk to an Irish guy on the phone. 

Tee hee. Yeah, I'm such a girl... well, at least when it comes to Celtic accents. Irish and Scottish are quite yummy to listen to. (Also the guy was really nice so that's all kinds of bonus points right there.)

Right now I'm on my lunch hour so I thought I'd write my update (and maybe a little story blog update if I can swing it). Also I'm at a big girl computer so my nails (which I'm still thinking about cutting completely off) don't get in the way. (The minibook keys are flat, and I occasionally hit the mousepad so the cursor moves from where I'm typing to someplace else on the page... and THAT really FRAKKIN ANNOYS me.)

In other news, today at work we tried a new Thai place. I got the garlic pork, and it's yummy. I'm trying to pace myself since yesterday I had a weird tummy/digestive issue that rollercoasted all day. We had tried a new Mediterannean place which was SO good, but I think it mucked up my imbalance a little more. I think with a regular tummy, I would have been fine, but today, I'm all kinds of paranoid cuz I REALLY hate this feeling. Plus we're trying another new place tomorrow so I'm hoping my tummy will have chilled out by then.

Oh yeah, so I wrote a story recently and used the word "cuz", and my friend Jon S read it and said he wasn't sure on my spelling. Now the word is used in dialogue, not narrative, which I totally think is okay, but I was wondering what everyone else thought. I think it's all right if it's dialogue, but then... that's just me.

DAMN MY SINUSES!!!

The area between my eyes feels like a brick. I can breathe, but my head frakkin aches. Not excruciatingly so, but enough to not make me unhappy. Also, my nose is a little sniffly. WTFrak is up with that? Ugh.

I've been trying to stay hydrated, and looking at the bottle I've been drinking/refilling today, I'm on my second liter... which per this thing I found on the internet, is good. (And the internet wouldn't lie to me, would it?)

So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.

(looks at clock)

I've got roughly four more hours until I hook up with some friends to play games. Alithea S got into town yesterday (Kathy W picked her up from the airport), and Kathy W went to snatch her after her shift ended today to hang out and later grab some dinner with Steve C. I'll be jetting off to Kathy and Steve's to see Alithea and play some "Paranoia". The way that Kathy W explained it to me, it sounds really fun though I've never heard of it before. It might be this other thing I found on the internet, but I won't know until I get there.

All right. I guess it's time I stop with the babbling and sign this post off. Since I'm going to try and get some Alithea time in while she's in town, I'm not sure how much I'll actually be writing so my Friday post might be lacking... a bit.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment