Monday, January 14, 2013

Slow & Steady Gets No Writing Done

Anna Leonowens: My mind has taken me down many roads of late. All of which lead absolutely nowhere. What would Buddha say of that?
King Mongkut: That roads are for journeys, ma'am, not destinations.
-from the movie "Anna and the King"

Hello my lovely bundles of joyous awesomeness! How are all of you doing?

Me? I'm tired, I'm cold, my lower back hurts, and I'm currently at work working the closing shift.

I'm currently drinking a cup of coffee from the breakroom. The burner was off but the pot was full and warm. Couldn't find any sugar to add to my cup, but there's Carnation powdered creamer. (Yeah, it's not the best coffee in the world, but it's better than nothing, and perhaps it'll help me wake up a little.

I am also eating a cinnamon raisin bagel, sliced, not toasted. Work gets donuts and bagels every Monday. By the time I usually get here, the donuts are gone which leaves me grumpy but in the grand scheme of things, I really don't mind. After all, part of my 2013 plan is to make myself smaller... as in thinner... as in not as fat. (But then again I usually have a bagel if they're still around, and they're not rock hard cuz someone didn't take the time to put the remaining bagels in a Ziploc baggy to keep them fresh.) I usually munch on the bagel throughout the beginning of my shift so it usually lasts me a while.

Carbs. So filling. So tasty.

If you can't tell from my babbling, I have no story blog updates to write about, sooooo....

Yeah.

I've been rather tired lately which I really need to work on. My energy level is in direct proportion to my writing output. There are times when I'm tired but not tired enough to pass out, but then when I get to writing, my mind's all a-flutter and BAM! - writing done.

But then there are moments when the WANT and DESIRE to write is so strong, and I manage to turn the minibook on... and then the idea of typing becomes exhausting in its own right. There are times where when I finally lay my hands on the keyboard, and I make no sense... as if my hands are the only parts of my body flat out refusing to join the party.

Damn I hate that.

Also the minibook occasionally gives me the finger when I'm trying to write... or watch some Hulu or whatever. (I really need to get together with Josh H to do his thumb drive magic and make the minibook "SING!").

I have the day off tomorrow. Maybe I'll take myself to a movie with one of my passes. Or maybe go shopping for jeans and sneakers tomorrow. (I really need a new pair of sneakers as well as some new jeans.) I also need some socks and underthings... but maybe I'll take care of that later.

I dunno. It'll depend.

I just got distracted by my nails for a second. I haven't had a manicure in a long time, and I got one last week Friday, and it's already growing out. The polish is staying on amazingly well (I think it's because it's glittery), but I can see my cuticles growing out.

...
...
...

Yeah, that above bit shows you how tired I am. (Distracted by my nails?)

Hopefully I'll have more of an update on Wednesday with actual story blog updates and the sort.

Right now, I think I need to sign off on this post due to possible future mental patientness.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment