Monday, January 28, 2013

Short, Sweet & Lacking Accomplishment

I am Shiva the destroyer, your harbinger of doom this evening. 
-Kym from the movie "Rachel Getting Married"

So here I am. Another Monday. Another lunch hour sitting at the computer writing a blog post... with no story blog updates to show for it. Oddly though I have been putting pen to paper lately and creating... stuff.

I've been flip-flopping between my LEVERAGE fanfic and my other story/novel idea. Just writing the scenes that seem to swimming in my head. My mind can't even begin to conceive a con for the fanfic. The idea alone scares me a little. But maybe one of these days I'll give it a whirl. (That's one of the things I'm envious about the writing team from that show... they're ability to come up with what they did and make it work. It was just fabulous.)

The story idea I have is a kind of spy/brainwash/experiment gone wrong kind of thing with a character that is confused but in the end proves herself. (It's hard to explain, and I don't want to talk about it until it's a little more fleshed out.)

So then it's back to LEVERAGE which really I've been writing more of. I've thought out a scene, wrote it, then changed my mind, rewrote it... going back and forth with it. As it is, I imagine Christian Kane as the male lead in the other story I'm writing with the fanfic, and so of course it leads me to think of the show and him. I've been rewatching old episodes as well as watching fanvids, etc, on YouTube.

Yeah. I'm a fangirl and want my show back. What more can I say?

Also in surfing YouTube, I revisit old videos that make me happy... one of which is Christian Kane doing his "Top 5". So since I can't think of anything real to write about since my brain is on "luke warm close to flatlining", I will do my version of the Top 5 from this vid (and of course these are in no particular order and are off the top of my head able to change on a whim).

Top 5 Favorite Drinks
  1. Sweet Piece of Ass
  2. Bloody Mary
  3. Gin and 7Up
  4. German Apple Schnapps over ice
  5. Screaming Purple Jesus 
Top 5 Fairytales
  1. The Fisher King
  2. The Princess Bride
  3. Into the Woods
  4. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
  5. Once Upon A Time/Grimm (<=== that TOTALLY counts!)
Top 5 Accents 
  1. Irish
  2. Scottish
  3. Australian
  4. Spanish/Portuguese
  5. Italian
  • honorary mention of Filipino since it reminds me of my childhood and makes me smile
Top 5 Reasons for Missing Work
(from my personal experience)
  1. sick (and I have to be on death's door to not go in to work)
  2. car troubles
  3. was released from a contract (this refers to temp work)
  4. switched shifts with someone
  5. on "vacation"
  • I would LOVE to say "cuz I just didn't wanna" or "it was too pretty of a day", but those aren't viable options in my reality.
And on THAT note, I think I'm done for now. (Until Wednesday, sweeties.)

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment