Monday, May 23, 2016

Q&A - Lazy Days

Question: What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day?
My favorite way to spend a lazy day would be to sleep.

Insomnia is a bitch, and I hate it A LOT, but it seems that the only thing my body knows how to do is get up, go to work, and come home again. When I think back on my week, I can only really recall work as opposed to going to the store or even doing laundry.

The weekends are my best bet for a lazy day. My job is now at a place where I have some seniority, and I get weekends off. (Huzzah for me.) I used to work a later shift for most of the week leaving me to get out with a couple hours to get to the stores for errands so then by default, all my errand stuff shifted to the weekends where there was really no rush.

Sucky thing is, my mindset refuses to set an alarm since it's the weekend and my day off, dammit! I shouldn't have to set an alarm. NO! (But I do for only important things like when I have to hit the bank or the post office... which both close at 2pm. Sometimes I go incognito in sweats, t-shirt, flip-flops and a hoodie - hair up in a cap and shades on to hide my face which only has a once over with my compact so I don't scare the natives. I go take care of my ish and head back home.

If my energy levels were better -- like those people that are morning people and can survive with only 4-5 hours of sleep and wake up at the crack of dawn (aka crazy people) -- I'd be up earlier than I usually get up (which is closer to 12pm), and I'd be all yoga'd and breakfast smoothie'd and ready to start my day. But nope. I'm older, more body-broken due to various car accidents I've been in, and the random bouts of sleeplessness leave me not a prime candidate for a lot of activity.

A while back I read the novel "Red Dwarf; Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers" by Grant Naylor, and toward the beginning of the book, there was mention of a planet that created an extra day of the week to be added to the weekend, but it didn't matter how much partying you did - Mondays still sucked.

I think that's a great idea but more for rest and relaxation. I think Mondays will always suck unless you're independently wealthy and don't have to work. There's still school and jobs - yeah, Mondays will always suck.

But since I seem to always sleep one of the days away in my two days off, it'd be nice to have an extra day for just that and then to do whatever the hell I wanted during the other two days.

I'd love to do various things - travel, try new things, hang out with friends, see my family, write, read, visit some museums, craft breweries, wineries...

I think right now the thing that I would love to do the most is work on my writing. Now that I have my desk set up so I can write comfortably, that would be awesome to just have some quiet zen time to work on writing without any distraction.

So yeah - favorite way to spend a lazy day? Rest, relaxation, and creativity. All of that is quite happymaking for me.
...
...
...
Winning the lottery would be cool, too! (Just sayin'!) ^_^

Later my lovelies,

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment