Friday, May 27, 2016

Q&A - Work Of Art

Question: What is your favorite work of art? What do you love about it?

The first piece of art that comes to mind is a piece by Michael Parkes (shown above).

To describe the visual, in basic terms, it's a blind-folded clown playing a violin in front of a swan.

If anyone knows the actual name of this piece, please tell me. Whenever I try looking up what the name is, I can't find it. One search came up with "Water Music," but I'm not sure if that's right since each search comes up with something different.

All I know is that I absolutely love his work - this image especially. I was introduced to his work years ago, and I thought all of it very beautiful and every image made me happy when looking at it. But when I came across this piece, it meant a little more to me.

It's nothing I can put into words. My love for it just... is.

The colors, the intimacy, the violin (my favorite musical instrument)... altogether is just warms my heart, and I love it.

*******

Honorable mentions of art that I love:

My Brother Lynn -- Of his many talents, he is a brilliant artist. (And I'm not just saying that cuz we're related.)

Kerby Rosanes -- Found this lovely on Facebook and have been a fan ever since!

Brian Kesinger -- Anything this man does makes me smile. I especially love his latest Star Wars illustrations.  

Alphonse Mucha -- Just a whole lot of lovely going on.

Artgerm -- found this dude a while back on DeviantArt. Love everything this guys does, especially his Pepper series.


Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment