Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Little Ranty. A Little Accomplished. A Whole Lot of Tired.


Today was filled with a whole lot of lethargy but we pushed through. I persevered. And I did not take a nap.

You hear me, 'verse? I did not nap. *high-five to self*

This morning it was a little difficult to wake my ass up. My alarm(s) went off, and like most people who don't want to get up would justify the things they could cut out of their prep routine before heading to wherever they need to go.

Once at work, I did my job which was covering for a couple people since our lead recently went to a different department, and our department manager went on vacation. So I was doing a little extra this week. (Yay for being responsible, competent, and capable?) I feel a little bad since there are things that take priority which leave my basic tasks to take a backseat, but then everyone should be pitching in, and the fact that occasionally I feel there's attitude orbiting me about things... yeah, well. I won't get into that.

But by lunch time and after catering to a big customer which took up a good portion of my morning, I felt like crap. Partly due to being tired, but partly due to Powerloss's impending bitch-slap upon my life. (That's right. My innards feel squidgy, my breasts feel tender, and all my aches and pains are being magnified. Gee, thanks Powerloss, you bitch!)

To get the blood circulating and energy revving in my body, I walked to people instead of messaging them (which was better since most of what I had to ask them took too long to internal office message them about). I felt a little better. Lunch happened, and I went outside with my snacks and my phone to get away from all the stupid - stupid people, butting in to other people's business when they weren't asked, people making stupid requests, people telling me one thing and then not honoring their word, people telling me that I need to handle a customer though when I am - they continue to talk.)

Random rant replies:

1. No one asked you.
2. Shut the frak up.
3. I can't handle this thing you want me to handle when you're talking to me distracting me from the thing you want me to do.
4. Don't tell me I'm wrong when you're the one giving the wrong information to people.
5. Don't tell me how to do my job when you don't do yours.
6. Don't assume I'm not working because I have more tasks on my plate than you do.
7. Stop bitching about things, swearing you're going to bring it up, and then when you get the chance, you're quiet as a mouse only to bitch about it later.
8. We get a lunch and two breaks... not a gazillion breaks to outside and suck on a Cancer stick.
9. Don't gripe at me when I don't answer you when I've reached out to you several times without a reply.
10. I'll totally help you, but if I'm not available, there are at least 3-4 other people in the department. You can ask one of them. (And don't even think about giving me attitude when I politely remind you of this fact.)

I'm sure there are more, but that's all that came to mind at the moment.

When my work day eventually ended, I headed home with the intention of cleaning and cooking,but I got as far as cooking before watching the season finale of The Flash. A couple days ago, I saw the guys at Sorted Food do a Peppercorn Chicken Adobo video. They made it look so simple, and this Filipina LOVES some adobo, so I thought "Why not?" I set the chicken to marinate last night and after consulting the recipe, proceeded to cook me some chicken.

Yo! My apartment smelled delicious!

The recipe makes 4 servings so I plated three in Tupperware and one for me for dinner. I made some cauliflower rice to go with it. It was a little too peppery for me, but for my first try, it was pretty bomb! I think I'll try boneless chicken next time.

Other than cooking and watching shows, I read some and mentally plotted out some things for the rest of the week. All I want to do is curl up in bed and die for a few days, but if I don't work, I don't get paid... so I should end this soon.

Tomorrow is a question post day. Let's see how long I can keep this new writing schedule up for. It's only been a couple days, and I feel a little accomplished personally. I know that's lame, but I do. I'll feel even more so if I can get some actual writing done. (Yay me?)

I have a long weekend in front of me. I would love if that was spent sleeping, writing, and not feeling so achey. But for now? Sleep.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment