Friday, September 13, 2013

Running On Fumes...

You're fucking up my chi.
-Stanley from the movie "Swordfish"

Woo hoo! Pardon the loopy. Not a lot of sleep, and I plan on working a little overtime.

Why? Cuz I get off at 4pm, and working the overtime won't get me out of here too late. I need to get some production stuff done (per the request of my team). Also I still have dress shopping to do as well as find shoes... ugh.

Okay. Today I opened which meant I had to be here at 7am which meant I had to get up around 5am due to where I live and who I live with. I didn't get much sleep the night before so coming to work was crap. I got here and since I was by myself for a couple of hours, I had nothing to really keep me busy. Before you ask, NO - I did not fall asleep at work. I would never do that. I have taken naps during breaks or lunches, but I have never fallen asleep during a shift.

Eventually people came in and things started getting busier so that helped a bit. Had a Red Bull and a soda during the course of the day (soda was some awesome Butterscotch Beer I got from Ike's Lair... tasty).

Toward the end of my lunch, I was asked if I could train the admin dude up front (son of one of the drivers) how to use the production program I was using so he could help out with the new SF menus we'd been getting in. Now let me just say that I haven't been doing production much, and after the office manager trained me on just a few things, she went on "vacation" for a couple weeks, and left me pretty much to my own devices. So really? Train someone else? It's like, "Hey, you know the holiday Thanksgiving, right? Teach this guy how to cook dinner." WTF?!?!?

The only lead was going on lunch after me and then one of the other associates was going in for her review after that, so I was going to wait until my lead got back (he wanted there to be two CS people in the department) before I went off to be a teacher.

Admin guy (Matt H) is pretty cool. I babbled about like I do making pop culture metaphors and comments, and he was laughing CUZ HE UNDERSTOOD THEM!!! Praise Jeebus and the holy awesome angels! Someone that speaks NERD! So I walked him through an entry and then let  him do one on his own for me to review and VOILA! - it was all good. The training part took a little longer than I thought since I wanted to make sure he had the proper authorization to do everything. In the end, training started at 2pm and ended when my scheduled shift was up. I logged out of the Mac I was working at, moved to the PC computer in the back corner and hopped online, getting on our instant messenger so Matt could ping me if he needed help... which he did. Not able to fully understand his two questions, I had to stop what I was doing and walk up to the front to see what he was talking about. He asked, I instructed, all was well. He left at 5pm (my original intended time to stay until for overtime), but then helping him, I wanted to get a little more done than I had, but then fatigue was setting in so I just stayed until 5:30pm. I grabbed my gear, hopped in my car, and headed to ROSS (the location nearest work). But then that location is near The Milk Pail... so I stopped for snacks (and a healthy energy drink), gulped the drink down and headed into Ross.

Now there are several locations around me, and the first one I went to, I actually found dresses in my size but they just didn't fit or look right in one way or another. Other places I had gone I had no luck (everywhere the only dresses that seem to be available are prom dresses so... frak that). Ross was my first success so I reasoned I could find something if I just bounced about from location to location. And there was much luck.

My method of trying stuff on (before they put a limit on how much crap you can bring into a fitting room) was to grab a frak ton of stuff so I can get it all over in one fitting. (I'm not too keen on trying on clothes. Not sure I ever was. After successive failed attempts at fitting something right or feeling pretty in something or finding something that didn't make me feel like I looked like a jelly rhino in a tubetop two sizes to small, I gave fitting rooms the finger and only did it when it was absolutely mandatory.)

Even before I got as pleasantly thick in the bod as I have at present, my body was already a weird structure with things not fitting right. (Thanks Mom and Dad for mixing your DNA together and making my figure as frustrating as all hell.) The plan is to slender down some. I don't think I'll ever get back to the double digits, but hey... low triples would be nice. And a gal can dream, can't she?

So the plan for the evening became hanging out with Jim and Leah. We had dinner at IHOP, made Leah almost piss herself by doing impressions of nerdy voices as well as Bob Dylan sings the greatest hits. Then it was back to their place for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (which I had never seen, but they had, but then realized they didn't actually own). So now I can safely say I have seen the first movie before the second one comes out.

Almost passed out on their couch since my belly was full of breakfast for dinner, I was all snuggly on the love seat.

Overall it was a long day, and sleep is my prize for surviving it.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment