Monday, September 9, 2013

No Pop, No Doc, Feeling The Pain

Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain.
-Bob Dylan

It's been two weeks, and that means... chiropractor. I'm in intense amount of pain... well, okay... discomfort... but still.

Now the problem is my chiropractor is doing legal stuff this week as well as going out of town for the latter half of the week SO... no pop doc for me. Sucks, but I will be treating myself to a massage after work because really... sitting on your right ass cheek all day since your lower left back on down is not happy? That is mucho no bueno.

On a plus side, various parts of me snapped, crackled and popped to the point where it helped some, but yeah... waiting for a massage. Maybe I'll treat myself to something spiffy.

Have I mentioned I hate being broken? Yeah. I do. I REALLY hate it.

In other news (aka writing news)...

Aside from thinking about my LEVERAGE fanfiction that keeps dancing about my noggin from scene to scene, one of my story/novel ideas has crept back up to the surface and is showing itself to be a possible contender for NaNoWriMo in a couple months. If the little one keeps coming up with ideas, I might just have to start trying to outline or make notes, etc. Still working on that laptop issue. Oh well, we'll see.

Other than that, haven't written much either online, offline or in a notebook. Yeah, I know. Bad writer, no biscuit. But dammit. It's that whole energy level thing.

Also I went to Fresno this past weekend to see my family. My niece was waiting up for me since she knew I was coming. She wasn't supposed to be up so late, but I got to see her. Spending time with her makes me happy. I mean... how can you not be in a good mood when you're around an adorable little girl that wants to play with you? While I was visiting, she gave me some seawood strips since she saw I had them last time I visited. She saw them in Sprouts and wanted to get them for me. There was regular and teriyaki. We tried the teriyaki together, and she said it was good, but she didn't like the taste. LOL!

When I initially got into town, I really had to pee (had driven non-stop to Fresno). Gave my mom a lesson in how to use an iPhone to make a call (she will NEVER have an iPhone no matter how much she claims to want one since she never remembers how to use it when I teach her), and we called my brother. Bella wanted me to come over to see her, so I went and took my mom with me. When we arrived, my brother and Bella were playing Gauntlet on his XBox. He relinquished his controller to me so I could play with my niece. She plays well though she was more preoccupied with stabbing me in the butt as opposed to killing our enemies... since it made her laugh (and funny always wins).

After a while we switched to Marble Madness. I remember my brother playing this in the arcade. It's completely trackball, no joysticks or button. And you know when someone is playing this game in an arcade because all you hear is someone slamming their hand on the machine making sure your ball doesn't fall over or get eaten by alien creatures or disintegrated by acid... or whatever else the game throws at you.

WAY past her bedtime, she changed into her jammies, and I read her TMNT until she fell asleep (which was rather quickly), and then mom and I left for her house.

Took her on errands with me and my mom. Then we hung out at my mom's for a while. She had stayed up late to see me and then woke up early since she's used to getting up early for school. She was fading by the end of the day. Her parents showed up later for dinner with us, and then I took her home. She was trying so hard to stay awake and play. By the end of the night, I read her some more TMNT and then it sleepytime.

My brother and I went to the movies for some bro/sis time, and we saw World War Z. I have a copy of the book that I inherited from my friend Geoff T who periodically goes through his stuff and purges what he doesn't need or want anymore. I had planned to read it before the movie was released (and I thought I'd get it done since the movie kept pushed back and pushed back). So now that I've seen it, it'll be interesting to see what they did to the novel. (I still need to finish "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson, but from I have read, I can tell you the movie changed some stuff that made me a little grumbly, but that's basically because of what I read.)

When I got back to my mom's place, she dyed my hair again since it started to grow out. I keep telling her to start from the bottom to the top, but nope. She does it her own way leaving my fro hella bright at the top. That's okay. I like it so no worries.

The next day I took my mother out for a belated birthday lunch and movie. My brother joined us for lunch at Red Robin where my mom tried my rum cocktail and made a pretty face.

Mom: What is that?
me: (says name of cocktail from menu that I can't remember at the moment)
Mom: Let me try. (takes sip, makes face) What is in that?
me: (grinning) Rum.
Mom: (eyes grow wide)

She knew it had booze in it. Even though the name of the drink doesn't convey it has booze in it, I said it had. The fact that when my mom heard it had booze in it, she was like a child with candy, all "gimme gimme". Afterwards, we took my brother home and headed out to the mall where we watched "The Butler". Good movie! And kudos to my mom for not talking during the film. (She's usually only quiet during musicals.) After the movie, I dropped my mom off and headed to my brother's so I could see my niece. She had school the next day so we played a bit and then I read her one of her new books. Then I hugged and kissed her, told her I loved her and let her sleep. Then my bro walked me to my car, we chatted a bit, I headed back to my mom's, she packed me a lunch for the next day. I gassed up my car, grabbed some drinks (and some sour watermelon gummies) and headed home.

Oh, I forgot to mention my brother made me a game. It's on his computer right now, but it's pretty cool. Reminds me of the 7th Guest and Eleventh Hour days. The concept is that my brother and his family and I go on holiday at this resort on a remote island. They all go to check out the beach, and he asks me to go to our rooms (adjoining suites) to wait for the luggage since we were late to arrive to the island. The object of the game is to find my family and leave the island safe and sound since there's a ZOMBIE OUTBREAK. It was cute watching him watch me play the game. It's a simple thing but cute. I could tell when I was going to die. I'd pause, look over my shoulder, and my brother would be peeking at me around the corner. He's such a weirdo.

Overall the weekend was good. My niece is awesome. And my body is still broken as frak.

What has been going on in your world lately my sweetie pies?

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment