Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Some Babble For Your Mid-Week Enjoyment

The world is not a wish-granting factory.
-from the novel "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green

Hey look! It's Wednesday! The humpy day in the middle of week!


I'm currently at work eating popcorn chicken and drinking peach milk tea with small pearls. (Being hella healthy, yo!)

Not much has happened in my writing world. Yesterday it was so busy, I missed the cut off time to order lunch so I had to go out and grab some grub lest I fall by the wayside and die. Ended up grabbing something close by work, parking in the back of the building and reading while I ate. It was quite peaceful.

Later that night, I Kathy W met me at work, and I accompanied her to Kepler's for an author event for Meg Waite Clayton who is a local published author and happens to be in Kathy's book group. I like Kepler's. Been to many events there and support their store when I can. On the way there since I had finished the audiobook "The Fault In Our Stars by John Green" (read by Kate Rudd), I started "Alice In Wonderland" by Lewis Carrol (read by Jim Dale). We got there a little early and shopped around a bit. When we decided to sit down, we were offered champagne or wine. That was totally bonus. Had some red wine... then some champagne after the event. We went back to Kathy's place where Steve C made us potatoes (they were yummy), we tried new booze (Red Velvet tastes like German Chocolate), drank old booze (yummy cider), and watched a movie (Friends With Kids... cute movie).

Haven't had much time to write. (I know. I know. I need to make time.) Energy levels fluctuate from low to high. High points of energy are usually at work where my mind is racing, I'm being watched, and I have to put out fires all over the place. Everything is quick, quick, quick.

Low points are usually when I'm done running around like a chicken with my head cut off, a firecracker up my ass, running through a minefield while being chased by schizophrenic monkeys hyped up on too many pixie sticks laced with cocaine and meth and all they want to do is "cuddle". (I have NO idea where that came from.) Anyway, it seems when I have time to relax, all I want to do is be unconscious. As soon as I stop moving, I'm done. As soon as my mind isn't preoccupied with stress or work or work stress... yikes. In any case, I need to do something about this energy issue. Either I need an Energizer battery strapped to my back like our fluffy pink sunglassed friend or... start snorting crack?

In any case, I'm writing in some regards whether at the computer at work or in my notebook elsewhere.

Also working on trying to finish "Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins. I'm reading the physical paperback and planning on finishing before the movie comes out... or before the end of the month. One of those.

Yeah. Done with babbling now.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment