Monday, March 25, 2013

Still Not Well But Getting There...

I'm not feeling very well.
-Governor Odious (after being stabbed) in the movie "The Fall"

I feel like crap.

Yesterday I worked at 1:30pm, and I had this sinus... pressure... neck... whatever thing. It started on the left side of my head and my nose and then just frakkin spread like wildfire. By the end of the night, I felt like I was going to vomit. (Yeah, it was one of those pains.) I stopped by the store to grab some stuff that I'd need for this morning, and by the time I got out of the store, I was searching for a place to privately yak.

Cuz the last thing you want is to be making horrendous death noises where everyone can hear and see you.

I pulled over in a neighborhood near the store and found a nice shady place to pull over and get some air. After a while, I felt better to drive. I just flushed my face with cold A/C (courtesy of Kathy W lending me her car again while she's out of town for the weekend). I almost hurled in the bushes after I parked at home. Then I made my way down the hall to my room, changed into my jammies, set my alarm and passed the frak out!

Woke up this morning feeling better (<=== notice the italics). I made it to the office and things started to get a little... icky. I used my brand new nose sniffer (aka nasal decongestant spray), and it made me feel a little better. I made myself a bagel with some peanut butter type spread I recently bought that is yummy. Before lunch, I was wavering between okay to my head aching.

In other news (aka no real writing been done), I've been tooling around with an idea but just have had no time to really play with it. I've either been working, driving, running errands or sleeping off death crap and hoping not to hurl. (I hate puking. I really do.)

Aside from being sick at work last night, I got my hair straightened Saturday night, and a few people have seen it so far and have nothing but nice things to say. Today one of my coworkers - Caroline P - was playing with my hair, trying to style it, etc, but the clip that I had wasn't staying. But the style looked cute, so thumbs up for that. Now it's just up in a pseudo French twist - at least that's what it looks like to me.

I got my taxes done so that's something. They got frakked up last year so I'm assuming none of my small return is coming back to me this year, but we'll see. I e-filed so we'll see what happens.

I paid some bills... so self-high-five for being an adult.

Oh yes. Cough from hell won't go back to whence it came. The thing that irks me the most is that it's not constant. I've had coughs where throughout the day I'm clearing my throat or coughing a bit, but I'm fine for long periods of time during the day and then BAM! coughing fit that leaves people to dial 9-1-... and then just wait to see if I'm gonna die. I bought some cough syrup where I take a 2-teaspoon shot every four or so hours. It tastes like ick, but I pray that it's helping. I think it is anyway.

Watched some Hulu last night as well... so that was relaxing to have while I worked. The new desk computers have three monitors as opposed to the original two so that's cool. I finished stuffing the remaining checks in envelopes, updated some emails and reports, drank lots of water, peed a lot...

Yeah. Typical day/night at the office?

I'm kind of tired right now... though I think it's the icky poo feeling from last night draining me.

Currently on my lunch hour. I have about 20min. Gonna take some more cough medicine (just in case) when I clock back in... and perhaps sneak in some writing when I get back. It's a little chill at the moment which I'm happy about so that's cool beans.

Okay, I think this post is done for the moment. Can I haz a nap now?

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment