Monday, March 11, 2013

Insomnia, Thy Illusive Sleep...

With insomnia, nothing's real. Everything's far away. Everything's a copy of a copy of a copy.
-Narrator from the movie "Fight Club"

I WROTE ANOTHER THING!!!
And now THAT'S out of the way...

I feel like crap, and I miss my car.

Me: (said like Marlon Brando in Streetcar Named Desire) LIBBY!!!

So all the days I worked last week, I worked at 9am which meant instead of my usual two-hour prep time (grooming and commute), I had to add an extra hour since I'm taking public transportation. Plus side, I don't have to drive or deal with traffic AND I found a route where I don't have to transfer. Not-so-plus side... I have to walk to the lightrail (which isn't really too far away though when you're tired, it feels very 40 Days/40 Nights if you know what I mean), wait for the lightrail, manage to stay awake on the lightrail (the combo of listening to audiobooks and playing Temple Run seems to work), then eventually when I reach my stop walk to the office. At the end of the day, I do the same thing... only in reverse.

Later, rinse, repeat... mother frakkers.

Yesterday was my first evening shift since the start of my pedestrian lifestyle. The lightrail seemed to be running less frequently and by the time I got on the next train, I knew I was going to be late. When I was a few stops away, I texted my lead that was at the office (on weekends, we usually have one morning and one evening person) to let her know where I was at and my ETA to the office (And my guesstimate was right! Huzzah to me!)

Work got a little congested toward the end of the night, and I got out of here (yeah, I'm at the office now, on my lunch) at 10pm. I sent out my emails, shut off all the lights, locked up the building, set the alarm, and headed for the lightrail.

Which reminds me... I'm going to have to recharge my Clipper Card.

I made it home around midnight... ish. Changed into jammies and sluggishly muddled about until I was unwound enough to pass out... only to wake up around 6am to restart the whole process.

On the way to work this morning, I stopped off at the gas station I pass on the way to the lightrail station and bought me two cans of AMP and a Peanut Butter Power Bar. I chugged one can, ate the power bar after, then drank some water before I made it to my stop.

I've been ordering food through work for the past week or so. It seems the money that I would normally spend on gas I am now spending on lunch. I have no real options when it comes to getting food if it's not on my way to or from either lightrail location. Sure, there's the downtown strip between the lightrail and home (of which I've noshed on a taco salad at El Guapo's and then got some dinner at Subway a couple times), but there's no little coffee cart or anyplace truly accessible to me and my two little feetsies.

I suppose I could check out the lunch trucks that come by. They all look so interesting and tasty. I think I've seen more than a handful around the business lots. Usually I bring snacks or eat the bagels and donuts provided every Monday... or I would grab something quick and easy (and as healthy as I could do) on the way home.

Maybe .

Tomorrow is one of my day's off. Jess F will be taking me to my chiro appointment and then back to her house. I will be bringing a lot of things to keep me entertained (reading, writing, etc) while she does her work stuff and her meeting stuff.

And that is my exciting life for the moment.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment