Saturday, March 16, 2013

This Took Two Days... ish...

Clementine: This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.
-from the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

I am SOOO frakkin tired. All I want to do is curl up in a little ball and die... well, I mean, SLEEP, but you know what I mean.

I'm currently at work sitting at the other MAC station typing on the smaller keyboard (which is simply smaller due to the lack of the 10-key, but that's neither here nor there). I just snatched two Sugar Free Red Bulls from the back and am chugging on one hoping it'll do something for my energy level.

I also just popped some popcorn to snack on while I work. (Damn you PMS!)

My food intake for the day so far has been a cheese danish, some bagel wrapped hotdog, a baked pork bun AND a baked chicken bun.

Hello carbs! Nice to meet ya!

The coffee pot in the breakroom had enough juice left over to make one cup of jo'... so that was a little more coffee after my little illy cappuccino can. Kathy W stopped by at the end of her shift to chat for a bit before she took her food and left for the day. Her and Steve C are heading down to SoCal for St Patty's Day, and she asked if it would work if she picked me up from work so I could take the car for the weekend since she won't be needing it. And since we work at the same place, she'll just come by on Monday when they get back (it's also her birthday that day) and gnab the car.

My friends are great. *grins*

[time lapse]

So here I sit at work... on Saturday... having had no time to finish this post Friday since I went back to Kathy W's for cocktails, chit-chat and a movie. We watched "Extremely Loud & Terribly Close". I had wanted to see it for a while and never got to see it in theatres. Kathy had rented it from the library (among other titles) and with a toss of a coin... that was the movie we watched.

I had EVERY intention of finishing the post when I got home - which I THINK was before midnight - and I would be following the friend logic of it's not tomorrow until the sun comes up. But by the time I got home, I was completely exhausted... WAY too tired to create thoughts much less make them cohesive and entertaining (if I am at all EVER). In any case, I resolved to finish this up at work today since I'd be by myself in my department.

I had hoped to get more out, but the way work usually goes, I'm lucky to get one post in during my lunch hour.

Ahhh, I almost forgot. Speaking of writing, I should update this post with TWO - YES... count them TWO! - story blog posts. They're not much, but I'm working on it, slowly and surely chiseling away at the rock of crap that is blocking me from my writing passion and mojo.
Yay! Two bulletpoints. Maybe next time I post, it'll be three. Oh the simple pleasures in life. Huzzah to me! *self high-five*

It's been a while since I worked on a Saturday. I've become the Sunday closer. Even Addie F (coworker and opener for today) was surprised to see me. There are certain things I do Sunday nights aside from the general day work stuff, but I didn't have to do any of that today. It was kind of nice.

My back hurt during the first part of my day. I kind of walked about the office like there was a pole not stuck up my ass but up my tailbone and halfway up my spine.

Yeah. Not cool.

But eventually it subsided... THANK GAWD!

Right now, my shin is throbbing so I have my left leg elevated on the empty trash can (the janitors have come and gone) at the cube I'm at with Olivia K's (office manager) cool gel pack on it. I've taken some ibuprofen as well so hopefully the little throbbing that is not extremely painful though a little more than just annoying will dissipate soon.

I've been working on one of the Macs set up in our department since we're testing out computers that will (hopefully soon) replace the old ones that I have no idea how old they are or what kind of maintenance has been done to them (if any) but seem to be slowly dying... or at least are being one by one possessed by some Loki-tech demon. The Macs (of which now there are two) are generally faster... but then again, they ARE newer... but the updates to the system we use have occasionally been a little on the annoying side.

Like tonight? Tabs and links I used to click to get to a specific window have now been altered and don't do what they used to do. Among other things, I've had to adapt (which is fine), but in the end I got somewhat used to it although a good chunk of the time, I wanted to punch the shit out of the computer for just looking at me funny.

Hopefully it'll start coming together better soon - SOONER rather than later (or when HELL freezes over).

Tomorrow is St Patty's Day. I'm headed over to Jess F's home and will be happily getting my drink and merriment on with her and our other friends. Woo hoo! (Now if I could just find my green Guinness t-shirt, I would be happier.)

Okay, I think it's time to sign off on this bad boy. Work is starting to pick up, and I feel myself starting to grow a little weary.

Plus, this gel pak has lost its cool factor. (Back to the freezer for you, heathen!)

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment