Monday, July 30, 2012

Writing While Sleep-Deprived (Boo Insomnia!)

Traveling, traveling, I'm traveling
Traveling, traveling, leaving logic and reason
Traveling, traveling, I'm gonna relax
Traveling, traveling, in the arms of unconsciousness
-from the song "Bedtime Story" by Madonna

Yeah it's me.

Go ahead and say it. You missed me.

All right. If you insist. Let's hug it out.

{{{{{{{{{{HUG!!!}}}}}}}}}}

There. Feel better? I know. We both do.

Now... onto update type stuff. (Just to get it out of the way, okay?)
I still have the following story blogs/blogs to work on for July:
  • The Curly Muse
  • Stoically Challenged
  • Everything At Least Once
So I'm kind of curious where "Real Life..." is going to go as time goes on.  "Penelope" is just getting odder and odder as is "Lost and Found" - both of which I need to go back and reread to refresh my noggin for future updates, but the latest Kai update has me pleased.

As far as the updates I have yet to do, I thought I would have tasted something during my San Diego trip that I could write about for "Everything...". Fact is, I did... but I didn't take notes or have anything to go on aside from lack of sleep and an aching lower half.  (I'm fine now, by the way, in case you were wondering.)

For "Curly...", it could be anything. A poem or some random short bit that I wrote for the frak of it.

"Stoically..." is going to bite me in the ass since I have four homework assignments left (and I'm still stuck on EPIC).

Yeah, so there's that.

Also I have two articles to write: one about San Diego/NERDHQ and one is more a review for The Dark Knight Rises.

At the moment, I have roughly six pages of stuff for NERDHQ, but I think I'm going about it the wrong way. I originally had NO IDEA how to go about anything, but then Lon L said to just write about my experience so I split my trip into days and essentially started writing my itinerary (you know, in my own way). I made bullet points for each day, and I'm about halfway done, but already being at six pages makes me think I need to condense else this sucker is going to be close to twenty, and I think that's too much for a website.

I was never good at "summary"... which is why I would SUCK at being a blurb writer for the sleeves and backs of books.

I've pretty much dictated my notes on the movie The Dark Knight Rises (which I liked), but I haven't gotten to that yet since I want to complete the NERDHQ article first since it was given to me first, and since I have my notes for the movie review dictated, I think that will write faster once I get around to it.

I'm over-thinking it. Yeah, I know I am. The other day, I was working on it, and I felt like screaming and destroying... something.  When I'm free writing, I'm cool.  Just writing whatever comes off the top of my head. When I'm writing for a specific purpose (other than for my own enjoyment)... and getting paid for it... dude, I'm all kinds of nerves.

Maybe I should smoke a bong or something or take a muscle relaxer to chill the frak out and then write something, but as it is lately I'm either too tired or too tense.

How the hell does one fix that?

Well, seeing as I haven't been to bed yet (oh look, it's already past 8:30am), I should hit the hay, but I just wanted to write something since I...
  1. ... hadn't written in a while.
  2. ... had actually written something to post about.
So without further ado, I'm going to end this post, sign off, and dive head first into Sleepytown.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment