Friday, May 17, 2013

Rae Rae Go Cray Cray

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

Sure, Edison wasn't a writer, but... oh you get the gist.

Top story in today's news? -- Allergies can suck my giant wang!

Now that THAT's out of the way... on to posty updatey kind of things... *grin*
Would ya look at that? Yup. Two little posty things. Story blog stuff. Yeah. I'm kind of excited. Not holding my breath, but it's progress at least.

In other news, I'm in a slightly grumpy mood because some people are d-bags that can suck my wang right alongside my allergies. (You guessed it. I'm at work.) But I'm trying to forget that dumbshits exist. Eating leftover fried rice and lumpia courtesy of my Nanay is helping.

Last weekend was a surprise visit to Fresno to visit family. First it was just "Hey! I have Saturday and Sunday off. I'm going to see my niece!" Then it was, "Hey! It's also Mother's Day weekend. Let's do this!" So I jetted off after work with a minor pee break in Gustine (or the exit that says Gustine) and continued on to the 'No.

My brother was in Turlock with his boys and my mom and her husband were playing backgammon in Kerman. Hung out with my sister-in-law and niece for a bit before letting them get some sleep and headed to my mom's. Her and her husband weren't home so I made myself comfortable. Out of paranoia, I called and left messages as well as left a note on the door since I didn't want them wigging out that someone was in their house and called the cops on a Goldilocks type break-in. I remember hearing them come home and my mom asking me questions (with me barely answering her in sleep-babble). I had also zonked out early (well, early for me) due to Fresno weather doing bad, bad things to my sinuses.

Saturday my mom was babysitting Bella for the day. She had the little one wake me up whens she got there at 10am (although I was already awake and was ready for her to come running in giggling Auntie Rachel, Auntie Rachel, wake up!). Mom wanted to go shopping so I showered and dressed and we traipsed about town. Per usual, my mom played the role of Jeeves as I sat in the back with Bella, and my mother highly enjoyed me and my niece being ridiculously silly.

My niece apparently has this thing about red cars. She said, "Auntie Rachel, let's look for red cars." And then every single time she saw one, she'd explode like when everyone would scream when someone said the secret word on Pee Wee's Playhouse. I remember thinking the game was over and the BOOM! "RED!"

By the time we got back to the condo, my nose and head were not having a good time. I passed out a couple of times due to heat/fatigue/sinus-issues for roughly about an hour (one of those times since Bella had told me she wanted to take a nap). Woke up to find Mom and Bella playing. So cute. And I see her with some of my old toys, and I see how careful she is with them so that makes me happy since I'd like to keep some of the toys from when I was a kid.

Took my mom out to lunch for Mommy's Day. She chose Denny's. We had bacon. (Sh! Don't tell anyone. It's a secret.) She ended up giving me the rest of her bacon after she had a few strips. Not sure why she ordered the Baconalia item with the most bacon if she was only going to have a few. I think it was to give me the rest since she knows how much I nummy-nummy-lovey bacon. (In a way, it's one of the many ways she tells me she loves me. With PORK!) *grin*

Totally random, but I think it's interesting that after the first run through of the Baconalia menu where I'd ask various Denny's to blend together the bacon sundae and make it a shake. Guess what item they have on the menu now? Awww yeah! A frakkin shake! (I like to think I had something to do with that.) *high fives self*

They also have this brownie thing... looks great. When I pointed it out to my mom, she looked like she feared for my life. I had to tell her I don't have these kinds of things every day and just because I point them out and say I like them, I don't devour them shortly after. That seemed to make her feel better.

Back to my niece.

So I decided to head back home after the sun took a header later in the day to cut down on the frakkin heat I'd have to suffer through. (Something up with the A/C in the car.) My brother brought my niece over, and she and I played a bit.

I feel I'm a good influence on the little munchkin. I'm helping her embrace her inner freak. She's already creative and imaginative and sharing and loving (of course, she comes from a fantastic stock of DNA), but it got to the point where she accepted being weird/different was a good thing. She'd be silly, and I'd say, "You're a weirdo," and she'd counter with, "No, you are," while giggling and then the obvious silly repetitive dialogue would play out for a while.

While goofing off with her Sunday night, I accidentally bonked my head against the back of hers. We were both fine, but I joked and said, "I'm seeing stars." Later I showed my mom, and she asked what happened. I told her, and Bella said with a big grin and giggle, "She hit her head on my head."

The corner of my right eyebrow is still a little bruisey-feeling where we knocked noggins, but it's all good. In fact, it makes me smile every time I accidentally touch it, wince a little, and then quickly remember how I got it in the first place.

All in all (sinus drama aside) I had a lovely weekend, and now it's back to the grindstone.

Work, work, work.

Dreams of sleep, sleep, sleep...

Work this week has been interesting. We are currently short a couple peeps since one girl pretty much left for two weeks with not much word on why/whatever and another girl put in her two weeks (this being her last) since she got another job somewhere. We've been lacking coverage, but we've been making due. From what I hear, we're getting a temp next week so that'll help some. Due to the limited peeps in my department, the schedule has been going out week to week as opposed to the usual month to month. Gotta look at my planner now to see if there are things that I can make that I was invited to.

This Wednesday I was debating on if I wanted to try and see Star Trek Into Darkness, but I was so damn tired by the end of the work day, I was thinking of just crawling into bed and dying. I had resigned myself to seeing it sometime during the weekend or after.

And then Jimbo called. Since I was working, the phone was on silent, and I let it go to voicemail. It was almost the end of my shift (maybe 20 more minutes). I'd ping him then to see what he wanted.

Then the texting started.

Jimbo: Marco!!
Raebo: Wassup? Still at the office yo!
Jimbo: You want to see Star Trek at 8pm for $5?
Raebo: Tonight?
Jimbo: Yep. What time you get off?
Raebo: 6:30pm
Jimbo: Soooo $5 for IMAX showing. 
Jimbo: Person here has an extra ticket. 
Jimbo: Say yes! :)
Raebo: Yes please. Wait. IT's at the Tech Museum, right?
Jimbo: Nope. Mercado.
Raebo: Oh damn. Yes please. Just need to stop by an ATM.
Jimbo: Kk. PS ticket just went to you for free.
Raebo: Awww. Yay!
Raebo: Am I meeting you and the Mrs?
Jimbo: Yes. We both here.
Jimbo: And our new friends Jen, Jess and Darryn.
Raebo: Oh you there already? Cool. Heading out now.
Jimbo: Yes. First in line.

Bumped into the lovely Sam D when I got there. It was weird hearing "Rae" and then looking up to see someone I usually chat with on Twitter/Facebook. It was quite nice to see her. Totally loved her shirt, too. *grin* After the movie, we fangirl'd over the movie and also some LEVERAGE and other overlapping loves. We also chatted about NERDHQ (which I put it for time off at work for already).

*fingerscrossed on being a volunteer*

The next night (last night), I went to see a youth musical production of PHANTOM (and I don't mean that as an abbreviation of the more popular Andrew Lloyd Weber show... I mean PHANTOM. It was written by the same peeps who write NINE. I went with Rachell S (who had two tickets and doesn't like to go to shows alone). It wasn't until we got there that Rachell said she received an email that it was a youth cast (like high school to college ages). First we thought it was a play... then it was a musical... and now younguns. But DUDE! They had pipes! The guy that played the phantom - HOLY SHITSNACKS!!! He could SING!!! The chic that played Carlotta was wonderfully silly. Also the chic that played the brief flashback moment of being the phantom's mom? She sounded so pretty. (And is it wrong that I want a Ballet Misteress staff? That thing looks awesome!)

Still looking for a car. I'm hoping that issue will work itself out soon. I really do like the Kia Sol - cute and spacious but smaller than an actual SUV - but they are not in my price range. I also like the PT Cruiser, but I've been told by a few different people who don't know each other that they are not a good car to have. A tow guy who towed a friend's car recently to the dealership for repair said to look into Hondas, Toyotas and Subarus.

Wow. This post has gone on for a while, hasn't it? Oh dear. I think I'll sign off on this one for now. I can always babble at y'all another time.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment