Monday, May 20, 2013

Reading, Writing and That's All For Now

Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
-Victoria Holt

Hey chicks and dudes. It's me again. On a Monday. Feelin' hella bloated and hella snacky.

Right now? I'm snacking on some Thai curry cheese courtesy of the Milk Pail Market. Finally got a chance to stop by there, and OMFG!!! THE CHEESE!!! (I blame and thank you John G for encouraging my already brewing curiosity for the place).

I got a yummy smoked salmon spread and some croissants. I also got some cheese: an aged very sharp white cheddar along with the Thai curry cheese. Both are tasty.

I also got some nougat with strawberries as well as some dried and seasoned corn kernels.

That place was just so tiny but so full of yummy goodness. I was a good girl and only got a few things. Just a few. *grin*

No writing done, I'm afraid, though a lot of mental plotting has been afoot.

I have been mentally tinkering around with my two novels - "Abby" and "Chloe" as well as playing around with a couple old ideas that I never really did anything with back then though the ideas of these two stories have been with me for a while, one since around high school or junior high at least.

I need to type faster... or plug into a computer Matrix-style and be Neo if he were the one... writer.

I've acquired some books - both audio and paper.
  • my audio collection consists of some Christopher Moore, the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, "Chicagoland Vampires" series by Chloe Neill, and I think I still have some "Night Huntress" books by Jeaniene Frost to get through.
  • Read the first two graphic novels of Locke & Key. (I WANT TO LIVE IN THAT HOUSE!!!)
  • Grabbed "Flirt" by Laurell K. Hamilton off the bargain rack (I'm SO behind on my Anita Blake).
  • Need to get caught up on my Dresden Files, too. Never got to finish "Cold Days" (book 14) - life and insomnia got in the way so I had to give Aaron C his copy back. "Skin Game" (book 15) doesn't have a release date so I'm hoping I'll be finishing the previous book before that one comes out. (Also looking forward to his upcoming Steampunk series.) 
  • The last Sookie Stackhouse book is out, and I want it, but that pretty treat is going to have to wait.
  • Along with "Flirt", I got "Odd Apocalypse" just to have in my possession so when I get around to it, it's there. I love the Odd series. Also a huge Dean Koontz fan. Nervous about the movie, but I'm keeping an open mind.
  • Kathy W recently gave me an extra copy of "Little (grrl) Lost" by Charles de Lint. He's great though I've only gotten around to reading his collection "Moonlight & Vines" as well as "The Blue Girl". Really need to fix that.
  • Just noticed that I'm missing a few books by the lovely Molly Harper. I could never find a copy of "And One Last Thing" at the library. Also need to get "The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires". Is "A Witch's Handbooks to Kisses and Curses" out? Also don't have "My Bluegrass Baby".
I really should be writing though.

Got a manicure a few weeks ago, and since them my nails have grown like a weed! They're too long to be functional for my typing needs. Also snapping my fingers has become a pain. I'm digging my thumb nail into my other finger and let me just say... NO BUENO!!!

Okay, so I should probably stop blogging. Lunch is almost over, and I think I've babbled about "words and stories" in some form or another for long enough. Hopefully I can keep this up for Wednesday. Woo hoo.

Later my lovelies.

Have Goodness!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment